At Redwood Shores, we attend to the whole child. By working together to support our students' academic, behavioral, and social-emotional growth, we advance their love of learning, their ability to self-regulate, and their sense of well-being.
We use the framework of Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) to organize our collaboration and to leverage diverse resources for our school.
MTSS is a framework that challenges schools to:
- Engage families and community partners.
- Align initiatives, resources, and supports across district, school, grades, and classrooms.
- Use student assessment and teacher collaboration to continually enrich and deepen standards-driven classroom instruction.
- Cultivate rigor and meaning for all students using Universal Design for Learning principles for instructional planning and thoughtfully selected instructional materials.
- Foster positive and inclusive environments for learning through Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS).