THE LAWRENCE FOOD DAY FESTIVAL: Thursday, October 19th, 2017
2017 Food Day Festival Contest Guidelines:
(Sign up is at the bottom of this page!)
- Contestants can compete as individuals or work in groups to represent classrooms or teams
- Bring a favorite homemade savory dish prominently featuring vegetables. No desserts, please!
- Bring a copy of your recipe and ingredients. If you can, calculate the grams of protein, fat, and carbohydrate per sample!
- Samples should be single bite sized and you must have at least 30 servings.
- At least one team member must stand by your dish and hand out samples to win. If this is a hardship, please see Festival Staff for help from an 8th grade Ambassador. Submissions that are “dropped off” will be disqualified.
- 5:30-6:00 pm: Please plan to arrive and set up your dish. You will be given a cardstock/sharpie on which to write the title of your dish. Voters will stick their votes to this sign during popular voting.
- 6:15 pm: Official Student Judges will begin the tasting at 6:15
- 6:20-6:45 pm: Tasting will be open to the public for popular voting
- 6:45 pm: Voting closes and Judges will come by to collect your cardstock and tally the votes (this will be returned to you, if you wish, after counting)
- Awards will be announced at 7pm.
Judged Competition (6:15-6:20 pm)
- Volunteer student judges have agreed to taste all submissions and will award 1, 2, 3 place.
- Judges will try to distribute among the age ranges and judges will score based on BOTH health and taste.
Popular Vote Competition (6:20-6:45 pm)
- Anyone can taste and vote
- Each voter will receive 2 stickers and votes by sticking their stickers to a contestant's sign. See below for an example!