Student Volunteer Opportunities
Students interested in gaining volunteer experience are welcome at the LMS. A log of their volunteer minutes will be kept. See sign-up sheet below.
- Adopt a Shelf: students take responsibility for tidying and correctly re-shelving books/materials for one or more shelves in the library.
- Promotions Assistant: create promotion materials, displays, blog articles for new books, materials, events and activites available at the LMS.
- Reading Challenge Project Assistant: maintain a log of entries for the reading challenge and helping with the winning class celebration event.
- Volunteer Program Assistant: maintain logs for volunteer time and projects.
- MakerSpace Program Assistant: keep materials, bins and projects organized and tidy.
- REC-TV Assistant: Sign up to help produce our morning announcements show.
- Mobile Carr/Library Laptop Organizer: Makes sure the laptop inventory on the mobile cart and in the library is in good working condition and checks that laptops are properly shelved and charging.
- And More...
Students are encouraged to submit ideas for other ways they would like to help in the Library/Media Centre.