Leroy A. Smith, M. Ed.
Founder & CEO
Leroy has a diverse and highly effective background as an educator in Maryland and District of Columbia schools. He has been a general educator, literacy interventionist, special educator-inclusion and self-contained, and a teacher leader/staff developer. Leroy received his Bachelor of Arts in Music from Gettysburg College, and his Masters Degrees in Elementary Education and Special Education from Lesley University. He has been an educator for almost a decade. His experience, professionalism, and innovation makes him a great colleague and leader.
Areas of expertise:
- Inclusive practices for students with special needs
- Advocating for families with students with special needs
- Curricular modifications and accommodations
- Interpreting & Completing educational evaluations
- Response to Intervention school-wide implementation and evaluation
- Consulting with special educators and general educators on co-teaching models
- Implementing and evaluating research and evidence-based interventions and instructional strategies