READING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MISSION
To inspire and educate students to make decisions with an understanding of the interrelatedness of social equity, the economy and the environment for today and in the future.
READING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PHILOSOPHY
We, the Reading Elementary School and the community, will collaborate to foster an educational environment which embraces:
- A safe, healthy, respectful environment which maximizes learning and develops self-esteem
- A challenging, standards-based academic curriculum, built on fundamental skills, which address the needs of the whole child and validates risk-taking
- Diverse practices which recognize uniqueness and engage each child thereby enhancing the educational experience
- An awareness of personal responsibility and citizenship by working cooperatively to encourage open, honest communication
- Positive modeling, guided discovery, and creative thinking to promote lifelong learning and inquisitive spirits.