2018-19 After School Program
Reading Rockets After School Program Registration Form - “R.A.P.”
FALL SESSION 2018 (V2 8/10/18)
We are so excited to announce our Fall session of after school programming at Reading Elementary. We are now a LICENSED after school program for students PK-6. Contact the director, Mrs. Knight, with your questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 484-7230, or her cell 802-779-5577.
Cost is $15 per child per day and additional children in the family are $10 each. Bills will be sent out the 1st week back. We ask that you pre-pay to keep our costs lower.
The Fall Session runs from Wed., Aug. 29 to Fri., Nov.,2.
For our first session, we have daily “themes” which will be supplemented with guest teachers, field trips, and community service projects. Activities will be differentiated based on participant ages. More details about the planned events will come home 8/29.
- Monday - PE Power (activities vary from week to week - activities will include fitness, swimming, Reading Runners, hiking, outdoor relay games, etc.)
- Tuesday - Culinary Arts - Activities will include cooking w/local chefs, field trips to local kitchens & restaurants, visit to King Arthur Flour, etc.)
- Wednesday - Arts & Crafts (Activities will include guest artists, Mrs. Kaija, Artistree, knitting, woodworking, etc.)
- Thursday - Field Trip (Field Trips will include swimming, visits to the local library, community service, local businesses - a monthly schedule will come out once sign-ups are in.)
- Friday - Game Day & Choice Time w/Structured Activity (Activities will include Board Games, Legos, computer programs, engineering projects, etc.)
2:20 - 2:45 PM Outside Exercise - Students drop off their things in cafeteria, check-in, and then go outside for recess until 2:45 PM.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Snack & Group Check In and Review of Daily Agenda
3:00-3:30 PM Homework time & free reading
3:30 - 5 PM Programming based on daily theme
5-5:10 PM Clean & pack-up
5:10 - 5:30 PM Outside exercise/parent pick-up
In order to reserve your child’s spot today, please send in the form indicating which days they will attended. After school health forms must be completed upon registration.
Reading Elementary School After School Program, aka "RAP" is partially funded by several grants. Your tuition payments help support the program. Donations are also welcome. Thank you!