Chartered May 1981
Serving Lawrence, Orange, and Crawford Counties
To promote and support reading in Indiana by continuously advancing the quality of literacy instruction through effective teaching practice.
- promote and advocate life-long readers
- increase influence and visibility statewide in support of reading
- develop and maintain an effective organization of literacy professionals promoting and supporting reading
All meetings begin at 4:15.
Light refreshments will be provided.
August 14th @ Throop Library (Paoli)
- Topic - I-Learn State Assessment Tips by Marsha Wells
September 15th Indiana State Literacy Association State Conference @ Purdue University Fort Wayne, IN 8:00-1:30
September 18 @ Needmore Elementary
- Topic - Literacy Retreat and State Conference Review
October @ Throop (Paoli)
- PD Book Club: to be determined
November 13th @ Burris (Mitchell)
- Topic - Smekens' Reading Techniques
March 12th @ Burris (Mitchell)
- Topic - Smekens' Writing Techniques
April 9th @ Throop Library (Paoli)
- Topic - Share Your Favorite Tech Resources, Literacy Awards, Officer Elections
May (date and place to be determined)
- Officer Planning Meeting and State Form Completion