History of the DistrictValley County Water District is an independent special district originally formed under the jurisdiction of the California Water Code on January 18, 1926 as Baldwin Park County Water District, primarily serving a portion of the City of Baldwin Park. By 1974 the service area of Valley County Water District was well developed, and potable water service was being provided to approximately 9,000 water service connections through an intricate production and delivery system covering portions of the City of Baldwin Park, the City of Irwindale, the City of West Covina, and the City of Azusa. On December 20, 1977 the governing Board of Directors adopted a resolution to change the name from Baldwin Park County Water District to Valley County Water District as a means of better representing the expansion of the service area to include the portions of the four cities being served.
Service AreaValley County Water District is the principle public water utility serving the residents and businesses within a 10-square mile community located in the San Gabriel Valley, encompassing portions of the City of Baldwin Park, the City of Irwindale, the City of West Covina, and the City of Azusa. The Valley County Water District system supplies the potable water needs and demands of nearly 75,000 residents through 12,470 water delivery service connections.
Click here to see a detailed map of the Valley County Water District service area.
History of the District and Service Area information below was copied from the District website.