Mission, Principles, & Statement of Faith
The Rochester Area Homeschool Defenders Athletics (RAHSDA) program exists to give home school student athletes an opportunity to use their God-given athletic abilities in athletic competition while at the same time encouraging them to glorify God in all they do.
- The Defenders athletic programs aspire to exemplify the spirit of 1 Corinthians 10:31 which states “… or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God”.
- The Defenders athletic programs aim to be a God-exalting, Christ-centered option for homeschooling families that desire an opportunity for their children to engage in competitive athletics.
- The Defenders athletic programs aim to complement the homeschooling experience by teaching students that their ultimate purpose is to glorify God and to prepare them to pursue that lifetime endeavor.
- The Defenders athletic programs aim to foster character development in players through discipline, diligence, self-control, loyalty, teamwork, sportsmanship, perseverance, Christ-honoring unity, and a strong work ethic.
- The Defenders athletic programs endeavor to be guided and informed by Biblical truth in its operation, decision-making, and activities. Those associated with the program (players, coaches, and families) will be expected to pursue Christ-like character and demeanor in conduct associated with the Defenders athletic program. Regardless of the score, outcome of the game, or attitudes and actions of opposing teams, we should show true love through extending God's grace and mercy in our actions.
- The Defenders athletic programs and their participants are expected to be gracious in victory and accept defeat with dignity.
- The Defenders athletic programs and their participants, in keeping with its commitments and priorities, will not tolerate a “win at all cost” mentality. In our relationships with competitor programs/teams, we will be careful to avoid the manipulation of competitive situations to our advantage (e.g. using players who have attained and are established at one level of play to participate in games at a lower level).
- The Defender athletic programs and their participants will knowingly adhere to all league and state rules regarding player eligibility and fair play.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We do not anticipate that everyone will agree with us; however, we will be conducting ourselves with this statement of faith in mind.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired Word of God, infallible, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His imminent bodily return in power and glory.
- We believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost; only those who put their faith in Jesus Christ alone can be saved.
- We believe salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose substitutionary death on the cross paid the penalty for man’s sin.
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to convict man, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers through our common faith in Jesus Christ and that individual doctrinal differences which may exist should not hinder the unity of Christian home educators.