I, Perumalraja Rengaraju was born in Trichy (Tamil Nadu, India) on 18 October, 1978. I had Completed my elementary education at Vivekanantha School (1983-1988), Thiruparaithurai, and High school education at St Joseph Higher Secondary School (1988-1993), Trichy.
My technical education started with Diploma in Electricals and Electronics Engineering (1993-1996) at Seshasayee Institute of Technology, Trichy. Next, I received my Under Graduate degree (BE) in Electronics and Communication Engineering (1998-2001) from Bharathidasan University, where I studied in Part-time at Regional Engineering College (National Institute of Technology), Trichy. Then, I received my Master of Engineering (2004-2006) from Anna University, where I studied at Sri Sivasubramanya Nadar College of Engineering, Chennai. Finally, I received my Doctor of Philosophy in Electricals and Computer Engineering (2009-2013) from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada.
I started my practical experience with RB Electricals, 'A' Grade electrical contractor during 1996-1998. The major work carried is 500KVA transformer errection, 200KVA generator set, MV panel and various control panel errection under my supervision at Dindugal Cotton Textile Mills, Vadamadurai. Next, I was with Tamil Nadu Electricity Board for one year (1998-1999).
After my Under Graduate (BE in Electronics and Communication Eng.), I was interested to work in a software industry. But, I found lean opening in corporate at that time due to twin tower crash at USA. Hence, I started loving my teaching job, where I worked as Lecturer in Mahendra Engineering College during 2002-2004.
After my Post Graduate, M.Eng. (Communication Systems), I got the opportunity to work in a corporate. I was with CDOT-ALCATEL Research Center, Chennai for one year (2006-2007). The nature of work is WiMAX Medium Access Control layer Simulation, supported by Stuttgart University, Germany. I have attended the training at Alcatel office, Stuttgart, given by Intel and Alcatel technical people. Next, I got an opportunity with nGIN Technologies, Chennai (2007-2008). At nGIN, I was working for LibraMAX products of EION Wireless Inc. Canada, as a software developer and then as a Team Leader.
Finally, I am back to the noble Teaching Profession. After completing my Ph.D. at Carleton University, Canada, I have associated with Velammal College of Engineering and Technology, Madurai, India since 2013 September. I have joined as Associate Professor and currently working as a Professor and Head, Department of IT from July 2014. Here is my summary;
- Highly competent researcher (Google scholar citation: 200+, h-index: 8, i10-index: 6) with extensive knowledge and experience of working with senior researchers, wireless industry and graduate students internationally.
- Ten years of teaching experience where I worked as a Lecturer for Two years , Teaching Assistant for four years in Carleton University, Canada and Professor in Velammal College of Engineering and Technology, Madurai.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in 4G wireless technologies (WiMAX and LTE); simulation and testbed implementation on QoS and Security functionalities.
- Three years of Industrial hands on experience in WiMAX - MAC, Network layer functionalities, and product testing
- Reputed publication history in various IEEE international conferences like ICC, VTC, etc., IEEE Vehicular Technology Transactions, IEEE Wireless Communication Magazine, Springer journal and so on.
- Commendable knowledge and experience in NBA and NAAC Accreditations.
- Good administrative skills where I improve the progress of the department with high faculty retention (Play with positive skills of the team member).
My Complete curriculum vitae is found here: