Mahmoud H. Qutqut
Assistant Professor Visiting Assistant Professor
Faculty of Information Technology School of Computing
Applied Science University, Jordan Queen's University, Canada
Welcome to my personal website,
Dr. Mahmoud Qutqut currently is a visiting assistant professor at Queen's University School of Computing since March 2017 and a research associate at Queen's Telecommunications Research Lab. Dr. Qutqut is an assistant professor in the Faculty of Information Technology at Applied Science University in Amman, Jordan since October 2014.
He received his PhD in 2014 from Queen's University at Canada, where he worked under the supervision of Professor Hossam S. Hassanien. He received his M.Sc. in Telecommunication Systems from DePaul University at Chicago, Illinois in 2009, and B.Sc. in Computer Information Systems from Applied Science University in Jordan in 2004.
He is a member of the IEEE and ACM, and has served as Technical Program Committee co-chair, member and reviewer of many international conferences and journals. He has several publications of the top tier venues in the research area of networking like IEEE ICC and IEEE Globecom.
- Teaching CISC 435 Computer Networks at School of Computing Queen's University in Fall 2017, Sept 2017.
- Joining Queen's University at Kingston, Ontario, Canada as a Visiting Assistant Professor for an academic leave from ASU started from March 2017.
- Two of undergrad graduation projects that I supervised won the first and third places prizes at the semi annual competition at Applied Science University January 2017.
- Dr. Qutqut's has been appointed to be a Head of Computer Networks Systems Department at Faculty of Information Technology, October 2016.
- Dr. Qutqut has founded the Cisco Academy at Applied Science University and has been appointed as the director of the academy, October 2015.