Family Music for Babies
Newborn - 15 months
Parental participation is required
Fall classes run September 7th - November 23rd pending weeks off due to any school closings.
Every Thursday, 9:00 - 9:30 AM
$90 + $45 material/registration fee = $135
- includes a family packet with CD and parent book for home enrichment.
For families who have previously purchased the "Babies 1" family packet, the registration fee is $25
Babies are innately musical; the first years of life are the most important time for them to live in a loving, music-filled environment. This 30 minute, weekly class is designed for parents and their babies to take together. Class activities will help you learn how to play musically with your baby. Each semester provides a fresh curriculum of songs and activities.
Musical Play Activities:
- Increase your child’s curiosity about music.
- Develop listening skills and sense of beat.
- Establish a foundation for singing and musical thought.
- Help you form a closer bond with your child.
- Bouncing and rocking songs.
- Introduction to basic rhythm instruments.
- Wiggle and peek-a-boo games.
- Superb CD recordings by a fine children's choir and outstanding instrumentalists, together with a book describing the activities and games to play with baby.
To register, contact Mary Shelor: