Family Music for Toddlers
Clap with Me!
15 months - 3.5 years
Parent/care giver participation required
Winter/Spring classes begin on January 11th and continue for 12 weeks. (Any cancellations due to weather/school closings will be rescheduled.)
Every Thursday, 2 time options:
- 9:30-10:00 AM
- 10:15-10:45 AM
$90 + $45 materials fee = $135
- includes a family packet with CD, parent book, and instrument (scarf) for at-home enrichment.
For families who have previously purchased the "Dance with Me" family packet, registration fee is $25)
Participate with your toddler for 30 minutes each week in singing, chanting, moving, dancing, listening and playing instruments. This class is taught in four sections, (1st session: Sing with Me, 2nd session: Dance with Me, 3rd session: Play with Me, 4th session: Clap with Me) so you can participate for 2 calendar years with new materials and lesson plans each semester/session.
Musical play activities:
- Help develop a strong musical bond with your child and closer family ties.
- Bridge the natural connection between music and movement.
- Enhance your child’s musical aptitude and listening abilities.
- Lay the foundation for singing and vocal development, listening skills, and purposeful movement.
- Movement activities for coordination, body awareness, exploration of space, body control and the pure joys of movement.
- Folk songs for singing, dancing and listening.
- Focused listening examples from both daily life and music instruments.
- Instruments to explore: rhythm sticks, jingles, rattles, drums, and resonator bars.
- 4 wonderful semesters, each with a 60 minute CD, a parent activity book and an instrument or scarf to use at home.
To register, contact Mary Shelor: