2019 Launch Schedule
- Sunday, January 27th
- Saturday, February 9th
- Saturday, March 30th
- Saturday, April 20th
- Mini Midwest Power - Saturday, May 25 - Sunday, May 26
- ======== Break for crops ========
- Midwest Power 17 - Friday, October 25th - Sunday, October 27th
- Saturday, November 16th
- Saturday, December 14th
- QCRS has 1010 and 1515 rail sizes available for high power as well as some smaller rods for low power flights.
- You must be a member of QCRS to fly with us. Please visit our Membership page for details.
- With the exception of Midwest Power we do not charge launch fees. Midwest Power is a very large launch with expenses above and beyond a typical monthly launch.
- Fliers under the age of 18 do not pay launch fees.
- If you are a member of a local school, college, or university, QCRS would like to assist in making sure your group is able to fly.
Take the IL-26 exit at Princeton and go north approximately 6.5 miles to 2400 N and turn left (west) on 2400 N. Proceed west approximately 2 miles on 2400 N to 1850 E. Turn left (south). In about a quarter mile you should see the TQC set up along the road.
Drive south on IL-26 approximately 22.5 miles South of I-88 to 2400 N and turn right (west) on 2400 N. Proceed west approximately 2 miles on 2400 N to 1850 E. Turn left (south). In about a quarter mile you should see the TQC set up along the road.
Launch site "address" - 23550 1850 E., Ohio, IL 61349
QCRS has a standing 15,000 foot waiver with no windows.
Please note: if you are caught breaking the waiver, you will be asked to leave and you will not be welcomed back.
In addition to the Tripoli safety code, QCRS has some additional rules that must be followed when flying with us:
- You must be a member of QCRS to fly with us. Click HERE to join QCRS.
- You must be either NAR or TRA certified to fly HPR: any motor “H Class” or larger.
- You must fly within your certification level, unless you are attempting a certification flight.
- Do not install igniters in any rocket motors until you are at the pad.
- Do not arm any altimeters or timers until your rocket is on the pad and pointed upright.
- Arm any electronics BEFORE installing igniters.
- If you are flying any “Sparky” motor, you must alert the LCO ahead of time and have a fire crew ready to assist in the event of a field fire.
- We reserve the right to ban all “Sparky” motors if the field conditions are too dry.
- You are responsible for your actions.
- You are responsible for any damage you may cause.
- You are a guest on private property.
- DO NOT drive or park in any of the farm fields. The only exception is at Midwest Power if we have permission to park in the field.
- DO NOT park on private driveways.
- Children must remain behind the flight line at all times. The only exception are documented Tripoli Mentoring Program participants between 12-17 years of age and accompanied by their mentor. See Tripoli’s website for more information on the Tripoli Mentoring Program: http://www.tripoli.org/TMP
- Do not litter, take your trash with you.
- Respect the other flyers, their personal property, and our land owner’s property
- Ask questions, fly safe, have fun!