Planning to volunteer somewhere other than what's listed on Closerware? Follow these steps:
1. Before you volunteer:
Fill out this Initiative Approval Form at least 3 days before attending the volunteer opportunity. You will receive an email confirmation from an officer notifiying if your initiatives has been approved.
If you've already filled out this form for a previous opportunity at the same place, you do not need to fill it out again.
2. At the volunteer opportunity:
1. Take a photo of yourself volunteering! Be sure that the photo shows the volunteer activity that you're doing.
2. When you finish volunteering, ask the sponsor to sign off on your point sheet and list their phone number.
3. After you volunteer:
Fill out this Post-Initiative Volunteering Form to upload your photo and make any changes if necessary to the number of hours volunteered and sponsor information. Your initiative hours will not count if you do not upload a photo!
Volunteering at the same place again?
If you want to volunteer at the same initiative source on a different date, you do NOT need to get it approved again (aka skip step 1 and start on step 2). After you have volunteered, please have the sponsor sign your point sheet and just fill out the Post-Initiative Volunteering Form.
Ideas for Initiative Sources:
If you're having trouble finding places to volunteer at, start here! If you choose to volunteer at a place on the list or anywhere else, remember to fill out the approval form first.
- Plano Teen Court Volunteer
- Plano Food Pantry
- Source of Hope
- Hope's Door
- Feed My Starving Children
- Minnie's Food Pantry
- Joseph's Coat/The Storehouse of Collin County
- Feeding Children Everywhere
- Emily's Place
- Meals on Wheels
- Salvation Army
- Samaritan's Purse
- Plano Public Libraries
- Live Green in Plano
- North Texas Food Bank