PLAYER AGE eligibility
- Players must meet the age requirements for their age divisions.
- Players must not age up before:
- 10 & under: cannot turn 11 before December 15th (Fall league),May 15th (Spring league), August 31st (Summer league)
PLAYER USTA/JTT MEMBERSHIP
- Players do not need to have a USTA membership any longer for FALL and SPRING Seasons.
- The SUMMER season will still require a USTA Membership since players are eligible for National Championships.
Please click on "USTA and JTT Membership"
JUNIOR RATING FOR 2017 SEASON
(This does not include the 10 & under)
We will be using the USTA junior ratings starting in September 2016.
Please take a look at this USTA website for a summary
Players Rating (For Coaches):
- Log in as a coach on http://tennislink.usta.com/TeamTennis/Main/HomePage.aspx and click on login and place in your user name and password as usual.
- Click on “Find a junior Rating Level” located on the right side down by the bottom.
- Type in the player’s name or usta membership number manually. It might be easier to type in the USTAmembership number as the system will not find the player you are looking for if it is spelled incorrectly or you try to shorten the name for a comprehensive list. You need to have the name spelled correctly.
Don't Have a Rating? Self Rate a Player
- Click below to get a rating for your player. One will need to create an account or be logged in to designate a rating for a player. A self rated player's rating will only change when that said self rated player plays 4 matches against other players who have a "true rating". Playing another player who has a self rate does not count toward the magic "4" number. Junior ratings are calculated from the tournament and junior team tennis play
- Ratings are dynamic and will change every 2 weeks based on results, normally on Monday or Tuesday, for all players that compete in USTA tournament or play Junior Team Tennis.
- At the time of registration for team tennis a player rating will be locked for the duration of the season ONLY for junior team tennis competitions
Player Level for Ratings
Novice Division (rating of 2.4 or Below)
Players have little or no prior tennis experience. These players should not have played in any tournaments except Novice level tournaments and should not have any ranking or points prior to the start of the season.
Intermediate Division (rating of 2.9 or Below)
Players can have some tennis experience. These players have participated in the league but should not have extensive tournament experience and should have not played in Open level junior tournaments.
Satellite Division (rating of 3.4 or Below)
Players have more tennis experience and may have a ranking and points from tournament play. These players have participated in the league and play Satellite and/or Open level tournaments.
Advanced Division (rating of At least 3.5 and Above)
Players have extensive tennis and tournament experience. These players would usually participate in Open level tournaments.
Team Level Declaration
- Teams must declare their status level (Beginner, 2.4 and below; Intermediate, 2.9 and below; Satellite, 3.4 and below or Advanced, 3.5 and above) when they register their team online at the beginning of their local league season.
10 & Under (ONLY)
(see ranking/eligibility list) - This is for the spring league, the fall list is NOT updated yet!
10s Novice Level: no points for this level but if you have some then it should be minimal.
10s Int Level: 90 or less points
10’s Satellite Level: 91 to 380 points
10s Adv Level: 381 points or more