On mat leave?
Or working after having kids?
Pros&Babes offers programs for moms (and soon dads) at all stages of career and parenthood
- Do you want to be stimulated intellectually during a mat leave?
- Are you looking for like-minded, career-driven parents?
- Would you like to connect with a peer mentor to keep you accountable for your family and career goals as your children grow?
- Have you ever felt judged because you wanted to take a shorter maternity leave or to split parental leave with your partner?
Pregnant or on mat leave?
Our "Connect, Learn, Grow" programs on mat leave run every one or two months.
Women sign up for two months (eight meetings) and meet with their babies every week at a mom-and-baby friendly location.
Sessions are run by a facilitator and we discuss topics such as:
- Successfully transitioning back to work on your terms
- Integrating family and work like
- Career goals
- Emotional intelligence
- Creating flexible work arrangements
- Coping with sleep deprivation
- Nursing, feeding and solids
- Childcare choices
Just want to check out what we're about?
A few times a year, we host mixers or picnics for families, as well as playdates at indoor playgrounds. We usually announce these events through our mailing list.
Pregnant and working? Or back at work after having a child?
Our peer mentorship program runs two to three times a year over the course of three months.
Participants are matched with another mother from Edmonton and trained with a toolkit to develop a peer mentorship relationship, meeting for FaceTime/Skype 20-minute check-ins on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. All participants meet as a group eight times ever few weeks to discuss career and parenting topics.
As a participant:
- You will develop a close relationship with another career-driven mom, who will become an accountability partner for your goals
- You will receive a toolkit to track your life, family and career goals
- You will join a "tribe" of career-driven moms who will act as a sounding board for your career and motherhood journey
- You will develop or enhance coaching/mentorship skills
- You will help shape the conversation about career-life integration in Edmonton