Once you have filled out our interest form and received your "Welcome to Project Euphonia" email, follow the steps below to start recording.
- A computer, laptop, phone, or tablet with a built-in or plugged-in microphone
- iPhone or iPads: Safari browser
- All other devices and computers (including Mac and PC desktops): Chrome browser
- Navigate to https://speech.google.com/chitchat
- Log in using the same Google account (usually @gmail.com) that you noted when you filled out the interest form.
- Make sure only your voice can be heard in the ChitChat recordings. If someone is helping you, please avoid recording their voice.
- Try to record in a quiet room. The less background noise, the better!
- Speak naturally when recording. Capturing your usual vs. your 'best' voice will be most useful for this research!
- Only press the stop button after you’ve fully finished speaking; it’s okay to have a brief silence at the end of each clip.
- We recommend listening to the first few phrases you record to verify that they’re clear and complete.
- Access issues? Try opening https://speech.google.com/chitchat in a Chrome Incognito Window or Safari Private Browser.
- Getting an Access Denied 400 Error? You need a Google account to log in. If you signed up to Euphonia with a non-Gmail account, you will either need to create a Google account using that email address or -- if you have a Gmail account you’d like to use -- email email@example.com with that Gmail address.
- See our ChitChat User Guide if you need additional guidance.