FOOD BANK DONATIONS
FOOD BANK DONATIONS 2018
Proctor Community Garden shared vegetables from the dedicated food bank plots and extras grown from member plots. Mason United Methodist Here in Proctor at N 27 and Monroe and My Sister's Pantry at 621 Tacoma Ave. welcome our produce. All of your garden bounty is accepted - even the zucchini that grew and grew! So plant some extras!
WHERE TO DONATE
Donations go under our SHED shelter in or near the purple box or orange buckets marked "Food Bank." Ellen and her crew will transport when all our plots start producing - usually June through September. To join the crew or for questions contact Ellen (plot 48) or email the PROCTORGARDEN @ GMAIL DOT COM with "food bank" in the subject line.
Every Saturday by 9:00 am -donations go to the Mason food bank, and occasional Wednesdays as needed.
This year so far:
- June 9th: 44 lbs of greens, herbs, & rhubarb!
- June 16th: 58 lbs of carrots, greens, herbs, & rhubarb!
- June 23rd: 47 lbs of beets, greens, herbs, & rhubarb!
- June 30th: 39 lbs of beets, greens, herbs, etc.
- July 7th: 64 lbs of beets, greens, herbs, etc.
- July 14th: 44 lbs of greens, squash, herbs, beets, kohlrabi
- July 18th: 20 lbs of greens, squash, herbs, etc.
- July 25th: 60 lbs of greens, squash, cucumbers, herbs, etc.
- August 1st: 40 lbs of greens, squash, herbs, etc.
- October was the last month of donations. Total reached almost 1200 lbs of produce! Go Team!!!