I'm a doctoral student in the Natural Language Processing Group at Texas A&M University, College Station. I am advised by Dr. Ruihong Huang. In 2014, I got my bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee. Prior to joining Texas A&M in fall 2016, I worked at Samsung Research & Development India- Bangalore. I enjoy doing research in natural language processing and deep learning.
News and Updates
- June-August 2018: Interning at Amazon (Alexa NLU), Cambridge
- July 2018: Attending ACL 2018, Melbourne
- June 2018: Attending NAACL 2018, New Orleans
- April 2018: Our long paper "Improving Event Coreference Resolution by Modeling Correlations between Event Coreference Chains and Document Topic Structures" was accepted to the ACL 2018
- February 2018: Our short paper "Identifying the Most Dominant Event in a News Article by Mining Event Coreference Relations" was accepted to the NAACL 2018
- Information Extraction: All of my current works aim to understand the role of "Event Mentions" in a document. We (under the supervision of Dr. Ruihong Huang) are trying to understand the structure induced by events in discourse. We have worked on Event Coreference and Temporal Relations and our most recent work uses event coreference relations to identify the Main Event in News articles.
- Language Understanding: Following recent works and trying to understand the motivations in used methods.
- Deep Learning Methods: Just using them in my work.
- Language Acquisition: Reviewing literature.
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey, Ruihong Huang. Improving Event Coreference Resolution by Modeling Correlations between Event Coreference Chains and Document Topic Structures in Proceedings of the ACL 2018.
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey, Kaushik Raju, Ruihong Huang. Identifying the Most Dominant Event in a News Article by Mining Event Coreference Relations in Proceedings of the NAACL 2018.
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey, Ruihong Huang. Event Coreference Resolution by Iteratively Unfolding Inter-dependencies among Events in Proceedings of the EMNLP 2017. [pdf]
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey, Ruihong Huang. A Sequential Model for Classifying Temporal Relations between Intra-Sentence Eventsin Proceedings of the EMNLP 2017. [pdf] [code]
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey and Ruihong Huang, TAMU at KBP 2017: Event Nugget Detection and Coreference Resolution in Proceedings of the Text Analysis Conference Workshop (TAC-KBP 2017). [pdf] [code]
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey and Shubham Pateria, Garuda & Bhasha at SemEval-2016 Task 11: Complex Word Identification Using Aggregated Learning Models in Proceedings of the InternationalWorkshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval 2016). [pdf]
- Shubham Pateria and Prafulla Kumar Choubey, AKTSKI at SemEval-2016 Task 5: Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis for Consumer Reviews in Proceedings of the 2016 International Workshop on Semantic Evaluation (SemEval 2016). [pdf]
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey, Ashish K Singh, Raghu B Bankapur, Vaisakh P C SB and Manoj Prabhu B, Content aware targetted image manipulation to reduce power consumption in OLED panels in Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE Eighth International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3 2015). [pdf]
- Prafulla Kumar Choubey, Shubham Pateria, Aseem Saxena, Vaisakh P C SB, Krishna Jha and Sharana B PM, Power efficient bandwidth optimized and fault tolerant sensor management for IOT in Smart Home in Proceedings of the 2015 IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC 2015). [pdf]
Reviewer: NAACL 2019 (Discourse and Pragmatics), EMNLP 2018 (Information Extraction), AAAI 2017, IEEE TKDE (2017)