Cho, Hyunbo (Ph.D.)
Systems Integration and Innovation Lababoratory
Department of Industrial and Management Engineering
POSTECH (Pohang University of Science and Technology)
San 31 Hyoja-dong, Nam-gu, Pohang 790-784, Korea (R.O.K.)
Office: 321 Science Bldg IV
Phone: +82-54-279-2204 (Office)
- Ph.D. Department of Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University, December 1993
- Dissertation: An Intelligent Workstation Controller for Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Advisor: Dr. Richard A. Wysk
- M.S. Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, February 1988
- B.S. Industrial Engineering, Seoul National University, February 1986
- Business Systems Analysis and Innovation
- Production/Service Systems Analysis and Innovation
- Supply Chain Design and Management
- Healthcare Systems Planning and Operation
- Creative IT Excellence Engineering, POSTECH, Professor, 2012.3.1 ~
- Industrial and Management Engineering, POSTECH, Professor, 2006.3.1 ~
- National Institute of Standards & Technology, Guest Researcher, 2001.8.21 ~ 2002. 8.20
- Industrial Engineering Department, POSTECH, Associate Professor, 1999.9.1 ~
- Industrial Engineering Department, POSTECH, Assistant Professor, 1994.9.16 ~ 1999.8
- Knowledge Based Systems, Inc., Research Scientist, 1994.3 ~ 1994.8
- Texas A&M University, Research Associate, 1994.1 ~ 1994.2
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, Guest Researcher, 1992.5 ~ 1992.8
- Texas A&M University, Research Assistant, 1990.1 ~ 1993.12
- Associate Editor, Journal of Manufacturing Systems (2004.4 -)
- Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Industrial Engineering-Applications and Practice (1997.1.1 - )
- Track Coordinator of Global Track, IIE Annual Conference and Exposition 2007, Nashville, TN, May 19-23, 2007
- International Program Committee, I-ESA 2007, Funchal, Portugal, March 28-30, 2007
- Korea e-Document Standard Committee, MOCIE, July 2006 - June 2008
- Member of Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Member of Institute of Industrial Engineers
- Member of Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers 대한산업공학회
- Member of Korean Society of Precision Engineering 대한정밀공학회
- Editorial Board Member, The Institute of Control, Automation, and System Engineers Magazine (1997.1.1 - 1998.12.31) 제어자동화시스템학회지 편집위원
Publications and Presentations
1. International Journal (Selected)
- J. Lee, K. Jung, B H.Kim, Y.Peng, and H. Cho, “Semantic web-based supplier discovery system for building a long-term supply chain,” International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 2014.
- H. Lee, Y. Lee, H. Cho, K. Im, and Y. S. Kim, “Mining churning behaviors and developing retention strategies based on a partial least square (PLS) model,” Decision Support System, 2010. (Accepted).
- B. Jeong, J. Lee, and H. Cho, “improving memory-based collaborative filtering via similarity update and prediction modulation,” Information Sciences, Elsevier, Vol. 180, No. 5, pp. 602-612, March 2010.
- T. Yoo, B. Jeong, and H. Cho, “A Petri Nets based functional validation for services composition,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 3768-3776, May 2010.
- T. Yoo, H. Cho, and E. Yucesan, “Hybrid algorithm for discrete event simulation based supply chain optimization,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 2354-2361, March 2010.
- T. Yoo, H. Cho, and E. Yucesan, “Web Services-based parallel replicated discrete event simulation for large-scale simulation optimization,” Simulation Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, Sage, Vol. 85, No. 7, pp. 461-475, July 2009.
- B. Jeong, J. Lee, and H. Cho, “User credit-based collaborative filtering,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 7309-7312, April 2009.
- B. Jeong, J. Lee, and H. Cho, “An iterative semi-explicit method for building collaborative recommender systems,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 6181-6186, April 2009.
- B. Jeong, H. Cho, C. Lee, “On the functional quality of service (FQoS) to discover and compose interoperable web services,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 5411-5418, April 2009.
- B. Jeong, J. Woo, B. Kulvatunyou, H. Cho, “JESS-based web interface for XML document validation,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 683-689, January 2009.
- B. Jeong, D. Lee, J. Lee, and H. Cho, “Support for seamless data exchanges between web services through information mapping analysis using kernel methods,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 358-365, January 2009.
- J. Jang, B. Jeong, B. Kulvatunyou, J. Chang, and H. Cho, “Discovering and integrating distributed manufacturing services with semantic manufacturing capability profiles,” International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 631-646, September 2008.
- B. Jeong, D. Lee, H. Cho, and J. Lee, “A novel method for measuring semantic similarity for XML schema matching,” Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 1651-1658, 2008.
- J. Woo, H. Cho, and B. Kulvatunyou, “Allocation of manufacturers through Internet-based collaboration for distributed process planning,” International Journal of Production Research, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 46, No. 7, pp. 1991-2007, April 2008.
- K. Jeong, H. Cho, D. Philips, “Integration queuing network and IDEF3 for business process analysis,” Business Process Management Journal, Emerald, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 471-482, 2008.
- B. Jeong, D. Lee, H. Cho, and B. Kulvatunyou, “A kernel method for measuring structural similarity between XML documents,” Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence (LNAI), 4570, pp. 572-581, 2007.
2. Books and Reports
- H. Cho and H. Lee, Outsourcing cases, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, June 2010.
- H. Cho, Vision and Strategy for Medical Cluster in Gyungbuk, December 2009.
- M. Abidi, H. Cho, A. Dogac, F. Fischer, T. Fowler, P. Frenzel, N. Ivezic, J. Kim, C. Legner, T. Namli, J. Shin, and J. Woo, Feasibility Study for a Global eBusiness Interoperability Test Bed (GITB), CEN European e-Business Interoperability Forum (eBIF), November 30, 2009.
- T. Yoo, H. Cho, and E. Yücesan, “Enhancing the effectiveness of multi-pass scheduling through optimization via simulation,” pp. 343-368, Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Networked Manufacturing Enterprises Management, Edited by Lyes BENYOUCEF and Bernard GRABOT, Springer London, 2010.
- B. Jeong, H. Cho, T. Yoo and J. Chang, “An intelligent test methodology to achieve interoperability between business-to-business applications,” pp. 673-683, Enterprise Interoperability II-New Challenges and Approaches, Springer London, 2007.
3. Invited Talks (International)
- Service lifecycle management, FP7 Proposal Preparation Meeting, Barcelona, Spain, January 8-9, 2007.
- Korea's e-Business standards and collaboration with EU, Helsinki, Finland, November 19-22, 2006.
- Business impact of interoperability on enterprise globalization, The 3rd International Interoperability Conference, Seoul, Korea, October 31, 2006.
- Future messaging standards and applications, NIST-KorBIT Joint Workshop, National Institute of Standards & Technology, Gaithersburg, USA, August 10-11, 2006.
- State-of-the-art ICT in Korea and collaboration strategy, The 3rd Korea-EU S&T Forum, Brussels, Belgium, May 23-24, 2006.
- Interoperability achievement through international collaboration, NIST-KorBIT-Athena Joint Workshop, Lisbon, Portugal, April 3-8, 2006.
- Universal test framework and its role in standard, NIST-KorBIT Joint Workshop, National Institute of Standards & Technology, Gaithersburg, USA, February 8-10, 2006.