Consigning With Us
Multiple Blessings Consignment Sale is hosted by Murfreesboro Parents of Multiples Club as a fundraiser to support families with multiples (twins, triplets, quads,or more!). Our sale works differently than most other sales, as everything is done in the timeframe of about 24 hours! Depending on the type of consignor spot you reserve, expectations and sale proceeds vary. Please read carefully. At a minimum, all consignors must be able to bring items on Friday afternoon (3/6) and pick up by 4 PM on Saturday (3/7) or items will be donated. For the purpose of these rules, Consignor and Seller are the same thing and used interchangeably.
All consignors who are planning to sell in the Multiple Blessings Consignment Sale must:
- Have a seller number. If you do not have one, you may use your initials and last 4 of your phone number. Example: Jane A Doe with phone number 615-123-4567 has a seller number of JAD4567
- Sellers are required to appropriately tag all their items. (See tagging rules).
- Participate in setup. Unpack and place their own items in designated areas. Arrive on time for clean up (2pm Saturday). Participate in clean up.
- Sellers are required to wear a purple t-shirt during the sale. POMC members should wear their POMC purple shirt. We have additional t-shirts available for purchase for $10.
- Follow these rules.
SIGN UP & FEES:
Sign up forms will be located on our website: www.pomcmurfreesboro.org. Reservations/sign-ups are on a first come, first serve basis, requiring full payment at the time of reservation. The seller's fee is $10.00 for volunteer sellers and $15 for drop-off sellers. In the case of cancellation by the club, seller fees will be refunded. Otherwise, seller fees are nonrefundable. We will admit a maximum of 40 sellers due to the short duration of our sale.
Seller fees can be made through Paypal (paypal.me/POMC/) or Venmo (@POMC-Treasurer)
Sellers working at least one shift - 85% of sales
Drop off Consignor – we will allow a limited number of drop off spots. These are first come first serve. Seller is still responsible on Friday for unloading their items and placing them in the proper locations and for picking up their items on Saturday by 4 pm. 70% seller / 30% POMC.
**If a Seller does not comply with the rules pertaining to their sale split, the split will be reduced to 50/50 and seller will not be allowed to return as a consignor.
Checks will be mailed on Monday morning to the address on the sign up form unless other arrangements are made.
ALLOWABLE ITEMS FOR THE SALE:
- Children's and maternity clothing, children's toys and games, children's equipment and furniture, children's books, pregnancy and parenting books.
- No stuffed animals
- No household items that do not pertain to children, infants, pregnancy, maternity etc.
- Thank you for including only items in good condition as the success of the sale depends on the quality of the merchandise.
- No items that have been re-called.
- Clothing items must pertain the season the sale is held in. Spring sale can have swimsuits, tank tops, shorts, etc. Fall sale can have costumes, winter coats, etc. Please do not sell out of season items. Our racks are limited and we would like to make enough room for everyone.
Hangers will not be returned.
Each sale item must be individually marked with a 3x5" index card, preferably white or light colored . All cards must be securely attached to each item with a safety pin or tagging gun. Straight pins or staples are not allowed. When tagging clothing, remember to "tag left, Hang Right” so that the tag is pinned to the garment's left side (on the front) and the hanger hook is pointing to the garment's right side. (As you are facing the garment, the tag will be to the right and the hanger will be facing left. The hanger will look like a question mark “?”.) All clothing must be hanging except for onesies, tights, socks and underwear. Using a tagging card format from another consignment sale is accepted as well.
The 3x5 index card will be oriented lengthwise and the tagging info will begin 1-1/2” from the top of the card. Each card must contain the following information:
Individual seller number (1-1/2” down from the upper left)
- Price of item - in $0.50 cent or dollar increments ONLY; no dollar signs (1-1/2” down from the upper right)
- Half-Price – If you do NOT want the item to be included in the half-price sale, write in red “ND” for No discount next to the price of the item. Items that do not have a red ND next to the price will be marked ½ price during the ½ price sale hours.
- Description of item (center of card)
- Size of item (bottom right)
- A seller number must appear on the card to get paid for that item. If there is no price on the card, the item may be given free.
- Tags can be handwritten or typed
RACKS: RACKS MUST BE STURDY, COMMERCIAL QUALITY RACKS.
Racks will be placed according to the sale diagram. The maximum rack dimensions are: Round racks (36" maximum diameter) or straight racks (5' maximum length). POMC will provide racks for use. You are not required to have a rack however, if you own a rack, please bring it to use in the sale and ensure all pieces of the rack are labeled with the seller's name.
SAMPLE SALE SCHEDULE (this may NOT be the actual schedule - confirmed sellers will receive an email with details the week of the sale):
4:30 - 6:00 – Set up sale layout
6:00 p.m. - Seller Meeting
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Sellers arrive, bring and set-up clothing and equipment (Earlier arrival and set-up if possible)
8:00 p.m. - 10:00 pm Sellers’ & vendors shop
9:00 p.m. - 10:00 pm Multiples MoMs (and Dads) presale
9:30 p.m. - 10:00 pm Other Pre-sale Passes and Contest winners shop
7 a.m. Sale workers arrive
7:30 a.m. - 8:00am New & Expectant parents Pre-shop
8:00 a.m. - 11:30 am Sale open to the public
11:30 a.m. - noon - Prepare for ½ price sale and lunchtime too (sale floor closed to general public,
sellers may shop ½ price sale at this time.)
Noon - 2:00 p.m. ½ price sale
2:00 pm - 4:00 p.m. Sellers breakdown items & clean-up
Sellers’ Work Shifts-
- Friday-7:00p.m.-9:00 p.m. and Saturday 11:00 - 2:00
- Saturday-7:00a.m.-11:30 a.m., 12:00 - 2:00 pm
No one will be allowed to bring items into the space until all racks and tables are set up. During set-up pre-shopping or setting aside items is not allowed. Following set-up, no boxes or bags will be allowed under the tables or racks. Such items must be returned to vehicles until the sale is over for that day. Sellers will not be allowed to bring items in for the sale after set-up is over. New items may be brought in Saturday, morning prior to the start of the public sale.
Only registered sellers may shop during the sellers' hours. No other members or persons should be in the area. Sellers are not allowed to check themselves out. Another member must remove the cards, count the items, bag the items and hand the cards to the person at check-out. Sellers are required to pay for and remove their items from the sale space immediately with no holding. Sellers' purchases must be paid for by Friday evening.
PUBLIC SALE HOURS
Items must be removed from the sale space immediately after purchase. During sale hours, large items (such as furniture. high chairs, equipment and outdoor toys) may be placed in the "large item hold" area for a maximum of 30 minutes. No clothing or small toys may be placed in large item hold. The name of the person and time of holding will be required for each item. There will be a person working this area to facilitate holds.
HALF PRICE SHOPPING: Items that are not designated with a “ND” (No Discount) will be sold at half of the price marked during the ½ price portion of the Sale. The new selling price will be marked on the card upon check out. Sellers or other shoppers are not allowed to hold items to purchase at ½ price sale.
PROFIT DEDUCTION: Any seller not adhering to the rules and responsibilities will have their sale split reduced to 50/50.
Outside vendor spaces are available for a $35 fee. A vendor may participate as a seller for an additional fee of $10 (total of $45). They will be required to help with set-up and tear down but since they are working their booths will not be required to work a sale shift as a seller. See Vendor Booths tab for more information.
THESE RULES MAY BE REVISED PRIOR TO THE SALE AT THE SALE COMMITTEE’S DISCRETION. UPON ANY REVISION, NEW RULES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY PROVIDED TO ALL SELLERS.
NOTE> A seller form is linked below, but may not be accessible via phone. If you would like to register for the sale and and are using a phone instead of a computer, please click here> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemK7K6ZLAtHa3jJ0CWNronJAeFLL8LLerDdbNE4Te_SlOYLA/viewform