Big Learning, Huge Fun!
Girl Scout badges are a great way for a girl to explore her interests and learn new skills—and to remember every adventure and show the world what she’s accomplished.
What is she passionate about? Does she dream of making her own movie, cooking food from a different country, or going geocaching? Sleeping under the stars, writing a book of short stories, or planting a garden?
Or maybe she wants to invent something new, paint a masterpiece, or learn about endangered wildlife. Star in a play, design a website, or go kayaking. Even turn her bedroom into a jungle, run a successful business, or go on an amazing trip.
Well guess what? At Girl Scouts, she can do all that and more, and earn Girl Scout badges as she goes!
For more about badges, check out The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting, where you’ll find:
- A fun, easy-to-use binder (one for each grade level) full of great info and badge activities.
- An easy-to-follow diagram showing her how to put her badges, pins, and awards on her vest and sash, and show off that Girl Scout pride!
- Great ideas to help her tie badges to Journeys.
- Illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help her feel connected to the traditions of the past.
- A super helpful awards log showing her every award and badge that’s available at her grade level. She can also see the entire badge program at every level to get an idea of how her skills can grow in Girl Scouting—so much learning, so much FUN!
Get a complete listing of available badges by grade level (PDF).
And make sure to check out our rundown of National Proficiency Badges (PDF) to see how she can progress, with badges, through the Girl Scout levels—what an adventure!
Where to Place Insignia on a Uniform
Here’s a visual guide to placing awards, badges, patches, and pins.