Online Learning Portal
Complete assigned training modules, or explore optional courses. New leaders and co-leaders will receive an invitation to join when their role is confirmed; any volunteer can request access. Contact us for assistance, or view our FAQs.
Online courses in the portal include Getting Started with Your Troop, Basic Overnights, Event and Series Director, Conflict Management, Ceremonies, and certain Product Sales courses.
Take training's (of any kind) well before you need it. That way, you can apply the things you’ve learned to your troop’s preparations. It also gives you a little wiggle room if your schedule changes. For best results, use Google Chrome as your browser. Expand the window on your device for the most complete view of the materials.
- To be assigned to a course, simply email email@example.com. Provide your first name, last name, email address, and troop and service unit numbers (if available).
- Does this replace in-person training? It will replace some courses, but not yet. We expect there will always be the need for networking, the sisterhood of Girl Scouting, and the fun of hands-on learning.
- Do I register for in-person classes on the Online Learning Portal? No, continue to search and register for in-person classes through our event registration system.
- Can anyone take the training? In general, yes, although there are some courses only relevant for people with certain roles. Troop leaders and co-leaders will automatically receive an invitation to the Getting Started with Your Troop training. If other parents would like access, just ask! For Basic Overnights, the more adults who are trained, the better.
- I received an email reminder about finishing (or renewing) a course. What does this mean? Courses taken in the Online Learning Portal may be set up to give completion reminders or expiration notices. Not all courses will use that feature.
- What is the cost to me? Basic Overnights and Getting Started with Your Troop are free of charge. Some courses require a nominal fee (typically $5).
- Can people take First Aid and CPR online? No. First Aid and CPR must have an in-person component where skills are tested, in order to comply with Girl Scout standards.
- What classes are available? So far, you can take Basic Overnights, Getting Started with Your Troop, Conflict Management and a Fall Sale course online. More coming soon!
- Where do we get help? Contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org for login or account assistance. Contact Adult Learning at email@example.com for technical support.
- I keep seeing the word Litmos. What is that? Litmos is the name of the platform we’re using for our Online Learning Portal.
- I don’t have a computer at home. How can I take the classes? Visit any of our resource centers and use a learning kiosk to join in. Contact the location closest to you for current hours and availability:
1231 Upas St.
San Diego, CA 92103-5199 Equipment: (619) 610-0745 Property: (619) 610-0742
North Coastal Service Center
5315 Avenida Encinas, Ste. 100 Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: (760) 444-9011
Escondido Program Center
3050 Las Palmas Escondido, CA 92025 Phone: (760) 740-2670