PMHS Tech Help
Most issues can be fixed with a hard/Forced Shutdown!
Frozen Tablet, Keyboard Not Working, Won't connect to Wifi– Hard/Force Shut down
Hold power button down for 20-30 seconds (count 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi through 30 Mississippi).
Touch the Windows icon on front of tablet. If it vibrates the tablet has not shut down.
If the "Swipe down to Shutdown" message appears during this process, ignore and continue to hold power button down. In this case repeat the steps to shut down, but continue to hold the button for longer than 30 seconds. Next, turn on the device by pressing and holding the power button until you feel a vibration.
Touch Screen Not Working
- Right-click on the Windows Start button to open the WinX Menu.
- From the WinX Menu, open Device Manager
- Search for Human Interface Devices. Expand it.
- Then, right-click on HID-compliant touch screen and from the list of options displayed, select ‘Enable’.
- If it is already Enabled, select ‘Disable’ and then ‘Enable’.
Enable Wireless Adapter
- Press the Windows button on your tablet or keyboard
- Start typing Device Manager, then open it
- Expand Network Adapters, then right-click on the entry that has the word "Wireless" in it.
- If it is already disabled, go to step last step -- Otherwise choose Disable
- Choose Yes to disable.
- Wait for all devices to reload, then right-click on the Wireless adapter again and choose Enable.
Change Default Settings
- Make Google Chrome your default web browser and make Outlook your default Email location!
- Right-click on the Windows Start button type default
- Click on Default Programs
- Click on Email and Change it to Microsoft Outlook 2016
- Scroll down and Change your Web browser to Google Chrome
Set up Outlook Email
- Click on the window tile in the bottom left corner
- Choose Outlook 2016
- Click next until it ask for your password
- Enter your password for the computer and check the box to remember your credentials
- Click finish
- Right click the Outlook icon in the system tray and click pin to task bar