Parmer Lane ES Counseling
Welcome to our Parmer Lane Elementary School Counseling site! We are incredibly excited to kick off the 2020-2021 school year. I have no doubt that it will be a fun and learning rich adventure.
¡Bienvenidos a la página del departamento de consejería de Parmer Lane! Estamos tan emocionados de empezar el año escolar 2020-2021. No tengo duda que será una aventura divertida y llena de aprendizaje.
About Our Counselor
Hello! :) My name is Mrs. Chapa and I am the school counselor at PLES. This school year, will be my 11th year in education, 8th year at PLES, and 2nd year as a school counselor. As a school counselor, some of my primary responsibilities include the following:
- Teaching K-5th Guidance Lessons
- Student Support Groups
- Short term individual student counseling
- Consultation for teachers and parents
- Coordinator for the Peer Mediation Program
- Coordinator for the LEAP Mentor Program
- Coordinator for No Place for Hate and its coalition
- Coordinator for Second Step curriculum
- Coordinator for the Foster Grandparent program
- Coordinator for Red Ribbon Week /College and Career Readiness Week
- Evaluator for GT and Credit by Exam
- RtI team member
- Support our School (SOS) team member
- Campus Academic Advisory Committee (CAAC) member
- Positive Behavior Support (PBS) committee member
If you have questions or concerns regarding any of the above, please visit the "Contact" tab and I am happy to help.