CAA Class 1, 2 & LAPL Medical Certificates
Dr Patrick Davey DM FRCP is an Authorised Medical Examiner (AME) for the CAA, performing class 1 renewal, and initial and renewal of class 2 & LAPL medicals.
A Cardiologist at Northampton General Hospital and the John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford. His interests include heart failure, interventional and nuclear cardiology. Dr Davey is also a keen aviator holding an EASA Private Pilot Licence with IR(R) & Aerobatic ratings and can regularly be found flying around the south of England.
Your CAA class 2 or LAPL medical will be completed on site at Pilot Flight Training, London Oxford Airport. The medical assessment will take approximately one hour to complete and your CAA medical certificate will be issued on site following successful completion of the examination.
Prior to all medicals, please print off and complete the “Application Form for Aviation Medical Certificate” which can be downloaded below.
Medical application form: “Application Form for Aviation Medical Certificate”
If you wear glasses or contact lenses it is important you bring your last optician’s report along to the examination, alternatively, you can ask your ophthalmology specialist to complete an up-to-date Eye Examination Form. Distant visual acuity, with or without correction, shall be 6/12 or better in each eye separately and with both eyes shall be 6/9 or better.
On the Day
For all medicals please bring with you:
- Completed Application Form & Ophthalmology report (If appropriate)
- Photographic Identification (Passport or Photo Driving Licence)
- Current (If appropriate) Licence, Medical and Hours flown since last medical
Glasses and contact lenses if worn (an eye test without contact lenses will be performed so please bring a pot for lenses if required)
- List of all medications taken including inhalers and dosages and any paperwork retaining to your medical status past or current
- A urine sample is always required, thus please attend with a fairly full bladder