Membership in PHLiC entitles the member family to participate in all group activities. All group communications are facilitated primarily in our Facebook group, as well as, an on-line mailing, to which all members will be added, for moderator posts and occasional updates.
PHLiC's mission is to increase the opportunities for homeschoolers in the area by tapping into the talents and skills of its members. This is why we require all members stay active in our discussion group, as well as, regularly host and attend group activities.
PHLiC just had a handful of "requirements" to keep our community safe and active:
- Provide current contact info and family details: Prior to approving membership, we required individuals to provide accurate information about their family, town of residence, and current contact info. This is to ensure our group is comprised of local, currently homeschooling families, and, to ensure the privacy of members, as much as possible.
- Maintain Active Presence in Facebook Group (or email): "Active" is defined as regular participation in discussion, through commenting, personal updates, photos, sharing resources and event coordination.
- Host, at least, one activity activity per quarter. Don't panic! Hosting an activity can be as simple as planning a park day or hosting a playgroup. For those of you with more time and energy, feel free to let your creativity loose and plan more elaborate classes, workshops, field trips, mom's activities, sports events, etc.
- Attend, at least, one activity activity per quarter. Just show up! That's it. When you see someone post an activity that your kids may be interested in, or with kids around the same ages as yours, go support the host and join in!
PHLiC is a cooperative community. We aim to be a cohesive group of local homeschoolers, working together to lots of diverse experiences for our kids and families. Members that do not maintain an active presence in the group will be removed at regular intervals throughout the "school year." While we understand the challenges of scheduling, membership in PHLiC requires regular participation at "in person" events, to build friendships and further enhance the community's "off-line" presence. And, of course, if you are removed due to inactivity, you are always welcome to rejoin when you are able to participate regularly.
How to Join:
If you are interested in joining PHLiC, please:
- Request membership through our Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/PHLiC.Homeschool/
- Fill out our family information form: https://goo.gl/forms/EquF2XCPhzDzSYvo2
If you have additional questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.