PFLAG's goal is uniting people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ) with families, friends, and allies.
We are committed to support, education, and advocacy throughout Central Louisiana. Monthly meetings that feature peer support and topical education. Training and educational resources are made available to individuals, business, and community organizations. We shine a light on issues important to the LGBTQ community.
- ANYONE regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, race or ethnicity, political persuasion, socio-economic background, religious beliefs, or personal convictions.
- Families and friends who want to better understand and support their LGBTQ loved ones.
- LGBTQ individuals who seek support in relationships with families and friends who may be at various stages of acceptance.
- LGBTQ parents concerned about their children's welfare in schools, churches, and among friends.
- Professionals (like employers, social workers, pastors, and educators) who seek to be better informed about LGBTQ issues and would like a trusted referral for clients and colleagues.
- Anyone wishing to give back to their community by offering encouragement and insight from their own experience for others wrestling with LGBTQ issues.
- Community members who wish to improve acceptance and affirmation of the LGBTQ community in Central Louisiana.