Who can I go to for advice?

The first point of call for advice about perineal trauma should be your community midwife. Within the first six weeks of giving birth you will also be able to contact the hospital at which you gave birth.

Your GP will also be able to provide help and advice.

Should you have any long term concerns your GP should be able to refer you to a specialised perineal clinic that some tertiary hospital provided for ongoing review and manage women who are suspected to have complications.