Lester B. Pearson
School for the Arts
Grade 8 Original Show: 66 tickets left! ($10)
Grad Cabaret: 105 tickets left! ($10)
On Tuesday, September 5th, 1989, excited Grade 4, 5 and 6 students entered a renovated Lester B. Pearson as the first students at the new School for the Arts. In June of 1992 those Grade 6's became the first graduation class. With the graduating class of 2018 Pearson marks the end of 30 years as the School for the Arts.
We are celebrating this achievement with various events throughout the school year and a reunion on Saturday, May 25th, 2019. As well, we are working to achieve some of our heritage. Please check this website throughout the year as we upload photos and add additional information.
We hope to see you in May of 2019!
Have a look below at what we have planned,
and fill out the form if you are planning to attend on May 25th, 2019.
We are working on getting displays ready for you. If you have any memorabilia that you would like to contribute, please contact the school.
You can either donate your items to the school, or label them with your name to be returned after the anniversary celebration.
Reunion Day - Saturday, May 25th, 2019
9am - Staff (Past & Present) Breakfast.
- For all of our past staff, we hope that you will join us in the library for a light breakfast, so that we can all get caught up!
- Evite Link - Staff please reply to attend.
11am to 3pm - School Open for Visiting.
- Homeroom Classrooms - We are setting up archives and photos in each of the classrooms upstairs (3 different years in each room) so that you can have a little "Blast From the Past!"
- Arts Studios - All of the studios will be open so that you can try out your skills. When was the last time you did that great dance move? Do you remember any of your show lines from your production?
- Current students will be around the school doing different performances and are available to answer questions about what is happening at the school now.
- Ceiling Hand Prints - In the lower lobby outside the gym grads have traditionally put their hand print on a ceiling tile. If yours is not up there, now is your chance to do one.
- Fun in the Sun - Weather permitting, we will have some activities out on the school yard. On Friday current students will be having a "Bubble Day" to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. 280 kids, all with bubble blowing kits! Why not continue the bubbles the next day. When was the last time you had recess? Have a look and see how we have decorated the school yard. You may be tempted to play! (Or maybe your kids can!) There will also be lots of sidewalk chalk available for any young budding artists!
- Fall Fair always featured Candy Floss, Popcorn and Snow Cones! Why not have the same to celebrate our anniversary!
- The Gr 8 Original Show will be doing performances throughout the week before the reunion. The gym will be set up with this year's show for you to tour and think back to your show!
12:00 to 1:15pm - Vivace String & Stage Band
- Both Vivace String and Stage Band will be playing in the David Wasse Studio Theatre over the lunch hour.
2pm - Grade 8 Original Show
- A special "Command Performance " will be staged for any grads that would like to attend on Saturday. (160 Tickets available. 89 tickets left.)
7pm - Grad Cabaret
- Enjoy an evening out to catch up with your classmates. We are organizing a Cabaret evening at the new London Goodwill Centre on Horton Street. Pearson Singers sang there for it's opening and it is a wonderful facility. Coffee, tea and light snacks will be provided. We are working on having a number of grads perform for you. It will be great to see what everyone has been up to and to hear from a number of our grads.
- Note: There are only 180 Tickets available for this event. Please fill out the survey at the bottom of this page to reserve your tickets. Tickets are $10 each. (121 tickets left!)
Friday, May 24th, 2019 - Bubble Day!
- At lunchtime our current students will have a chance to celebrate our anniversary. Imagine the scene - Kids! Lots of kids! 280 in fact! Add Cake (sugar) and Bubbles! It will be a scene to be remembered! If the weather looks bad in advance, we may do Bubble Day on Thursday, or even Wednesday.
Grade 8 Show Week
- The Gr 8 Original Show will be performed during the week prior to the Anniversary. Although we have no idea what the show will be about yet, we are hoping to be ready to do an excellent performance for you.
- Shows during the week are at 10:15am, 1:30pm and 7pm Tuesday to Friday.
- Adults $10 and Students $5.
If you are planning to attend the 30th Anniversary Celebration,
please let us know!
What have we already been up to this year?
30th Anniversary Kick-off Assembly
Greetings from the Stratford Festival - Trevor Patt (Class of 2005)
Grads! Let us know what you are up to. Send in a video greeting for our current kids. (Any words of advice?)
Get to know who we are, and who we try to be!
Grad Spotlight Cameos
These spotlights will be shared with our current Pearson students during assemblies and serve as a way of connecting our past with the present.
We have asked some of our grads to share their reflections and Pearson memories with the current student body during one of our scheduled Sharing Assemblies for the upcoming school year. Some of the grads will be there in person, while others will be sharing their experiences through video. The dates that these cameos will be happening are:
- Friday, September 14 - This is our kickoff to the Anniversary Year. We are pleased to be able to announce that past principal, Ian Bennett, will be speaking at this event.
- Thursday, October 25
- Friday, November 23
- Friday, December 21
- Friday, February 15
- Friday, March 8
As other grads are confirmed we will update this webpage.
Archiving Our Past
One of the highlights of the school year is our annual Choral Celebration concert at the beginning of June. We are working on putting as many of these concerts on YouTube as we can. Please check back as we add more concerts.
Some of the concerts we have with video, however, most are audio. However you listen, we hope you enjoy these memories!
Drama Productions, Sharing Assemblies, Events
We have had a YouTube Channel for the last few years. Have a look and see what's happening!
Here is a link to our current Wikipedia page. It is very basic. It would be nice to add in some info for particular years. Anyone interested in helping?
What are our Grads up to?
If you have a webpage or have been featured on another page, please send us a link so we can post it on this page. Although some of our grads have gone on to work in the arts, the majority are out there in a multitude of other exciting fields. Let us know what you are up to so we can spread the word!