Plant Design and Project Services (Pty) Ltd provides an Engineering Design, Project/Construction Management, Consulting and Construction (Fabrication and Installation) service within the petro-chemical, process and power industry to clients and business partners with whom we share common objectives, responsibilities, risks and rewards. Through close co-operation with clients and business partners we use best practices in Engineering Design and Project Management and sound engineering judgment to leverage our design experience.
PDPS will implement and maintain, as far as is reasonably practicable, the activities of our company in such a manner, as to prevent harm or damage to persons, property and the environment through sound management practices and decisions.
Safety, health and protection of the environment will form an integral part of our planning and decision making. We will manage our company, wherever we do business, in an ethical way that strikes an appropriate and well-reasoned balance between economic, social and environmental needs.
We are committed to:
- Conducting our business with respect and care for people and the environment.
- Responsible utilization of natural resources.
- Prevent pollution by striving to minimize waste generation and resource consumption.
- Continually improve our Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management System to enhance our SHEQ performance.
- Comply, as a minimum, with applicable legislative and other requirements, Client SHEQ Standards and Specifications, National/International Standards and Specifications, for all our activities, and ensure every person under PDPS’s control complies with it.
- Be transparent in communicating with all employees, clients and interested parties with regards to the company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management performance, and ensure the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Policy and its contents are understood.
- As reasonably practical employ local resources and support our local community.
- Fairly apply Client and legislative BBBEE requirements.
We will achieve these by:
- Implementing a Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management System.
- Establish achievable Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality objectives that are measurable, monitored and updated as applicable.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
- Establish, as far as reasonably practicable, what hazards are present at any task/work within the organization, what precautionary/mitigating steps to be taken and to continuously monitor the effectiveness thereof to ensure a healthy and safe working environment for our employees, clients and interested parties.
- Recognition of total involvement and participation of the entire workforce.
- Promoting Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality practices for all our employees.
- Ensure that our Suppliers and Service Providers integrate Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality into their operations.
- Provide competent resources and adequate training to ensure a quality and safe service to our clients.
- Responding effectively to safety, health and environmental emergencies involving our activities and products.
- Communicating our SHEQ Policy to employees and make it available to interested parties, as appropriate.
- Reviewing our SHEQ Policy periodically to ensure it remains relevant and appropriate.