Purdue University and Princeton University Edge Lab
I am a postdoctoral researcher at Purdue University and Princeton University Edge Lab working with Prof. Mung Chiang. Prior to this, I was a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Michigan in the group of Prof. Mingyan Liu, where I also received my PhD in electrical engineering in 2016. I received my MSc in electrical engineering with a minor in microeconomics, and a MSc in mathematics, both from the University of Michigan, in 2013 and 2014, respectively, and my BSc in electrical engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Iran, in 2010.
My research interests are in network economics, game theory, learning theory, reinforcement learning, and data analytics, with applications in cyber security and edge computing.
I am on the academic job market this year.
Selected and Recent Publications (click here for full list)
- "Hurts to Be Too Early: Benefits and Drawbacks of Communication in Multi-Agent Learning",
P. Naghizadeh, M. Gorlatova, A. Lan, M. Chiang. In IEEE INFOCOM, 2019.
with Thanh Nguyen, submitted. (presented at the Fall 2018 Midwest Economic Theory Conference)
P. Naghizadeh and M. Liu. IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 225-236, 2018.
P. Naghizadeh and M. Liu. In Allerton Conference on Communication, Control and Computing, 2017.
Cyber Security (Cyber Insurance and Data Analytics)
P. Naghizadeh and M. Liu. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 11 (12): 2790-2803, 2016.
P. Naghizadeh and M. Liu. In IEEE INFOCOM, 2016.
Y. Liu, A. Sarabi, J. Zhang, P. Naghizadeh, M. Karir, M. Bailey, M. Liu. In the USENIX Security Symposium, 2015.
Honors and Awards
- Rising Stars in EECS, Stanford University, 2017
- Finalist, ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award, University of Michigan, Fall 2016
- INFOCOM 2016 Best-in-Session Presentation Award, Game Theory session, Apr 2016
- ITA Graduation Day Invited Talk, University of California, San Diego, Feb 2016
- Honorable Mention, Richard and Eleanor Towner prize for outstanding Ph.D. research, University of Michigan, Fall 2015
- Barbour Scholarship, University of Michigan, 2014-2015
- Iran’s National Elites Foundation Scholarship, 2007-2010
- President’s Honorary Award, Sharif University of Technology, Fall 2006
- Ranked 14th among nearly 350,000 participants in Iran’s Physics and Mathematics Nation-wide Universities Entrance Exam, Summer 2006
Last Updated Nov 2018