The University of Texas at Austin
Cancer Engineering and Theranostics Lab
Graduted from Middle East Technical University - Northern Cyprus Campus (METU-NCC) - Mechanical Engineering Department as the 1st Ranking Student in METU NCC Engineering and Natural Sciences Programs. Later on, continued my Master of Science education at Bilkent University - Mechanical Engineering Department. As a member of Micro Nano Integrated Fluids (MiNI) Research Laboratory, I completed my thesis studies, entitled as "Droplet-Based Microfluidic Systems for Silica Coating and Synthesis of Conjugated Polymer Nanoparticles" under supervision of Prof. E. Yegan Erdem. I joined The University of Texas at Austin - Department of Mechanical Engineering and Cancer Engineering and Theranostics Lab at Fall 2015 semester under supervision of Prof. Marissa Nichole Rylander.
My research area covers uniform and monodisperse nanoparticle synthesis and coating in droplet-based microfluidic devices, fabrication and design of tissue engineered tumor microenvironments, cell metastasis and migration in tumor microenvironment and simulation of droplet formation and mixing inside microchannels using level-set method.
Ph.D, Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (Ongoing)
M.S, Mechanical Engineering, Bilkent University (2015)
B.S, Mechanical Engineering, Middle East Technical University - NCC (2013)
Awards and Honors:
- The Outstanding Poster Award in Emerging Technologies Track in InterPACK / ICNMM 2015 Conference (2015)
- Full Tuition Fee Waiver & Departmental Scholarship - Bilkent University (2009 - 2013)
- Graduated as 1st Ranking Student in METU - NCC Engineering and Natural Sciences Programs (2013)
- 6 Times Merit Student and Scholarship at METU - NCC (2009 - 2013)
- 5 Times High Honor Role Student at METU - NCC (2009 - 2013)
- Full Tuition Waiver Scholarship - METU - NCC (2009 - 2013)
- Von Karman Institute Support Scholarship for Short Training Program Research (2012)