OTOW COMPUTER CLUB BYLAWS
Article I. Name
The name of the organization shall be the "OTOW COMPUTER CLUB".
OTOW shall refer to "On Top of The World".
Article II. Objectives
The OTOW COMPUTER CLUB shall not be conducted or operated for a profit and no money or assets shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual. The OTOW COMPUTER CLUB objectives are:
A. To foster and encourage development of member's technical skills in utilizing compatible computers and programs, and related equipment, as may be applicable to individual member's objectives and goals.
B. To provide an informal atmosphere of fellowship, goodwill and camaraderie through scheduled general and special interest
meetings, enabling the exchange of information, skills and ideas between members.
C. To obtain OTOW COMPUTER CLUB owned and maintained computer, peripheral, and related equipment for use for
demonstration, educational or other member-approved purposes.
D. To be a resource to OTOW individuals and organizations who seek counseling concerning applications of programs to their activities.
Article III. Organization
The OTOW COMPUTER CLUB shall be organized with a Board of Directors consisting of President, Vice President(s), Secretary(s), Treasurer(s) and at least three Board members elected at-large. The immediate Past President shall have the option of serving in an honorary position on the Board of Directors with a full vote.
A. Terms: The officers and at-large members of the Board of Directors shall be elected by the members at the annual meeting and serve for one year, or in the event of delay, until the election is held. Term shall conform to the term year January 1 thru December 31 of each year. (Amended April 1, 2017)
1. In the event of resignation or death, the Board shall appoint an interim officer or Board member.
2. In the absence of an officer or at-large Board member, the President shall be kept informed to insure that responsibilities be delegated if necessary.
B. Elections: Nominations of officers and at large Board members may be made from the floor, at the annual meeting on the third Saturday in November (amended April 1, 2017), in addition to those recommended by the Nominating Committee. Once the Nominating Committee has presented the new slate of officers, nominations will be open for one week. This is to ensure that the membership would still be able to nominate any new candidates from the floor. Persons so nominated must have agreed to serve if nominated and elected.
C. Fiscal Authority: The Treasurer(s) are authorized to approve expenditures up to $100.00. The President and/or the Board are authorized to approve expenditures up to $400.00. Expenditures over $400.00 must be approved by a majority vote of
the membership present at a membership meeting.
D. Officers: The Officers shall be President, Vice President(s),
1. President: The President shall be the chief executive officer and shall preside at all meetings of the Board and membership. The President, unless some other person specifically is authorized by vote of the Board of Directors, shall sign all written instruments of the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB. He shall perform all duties commonly incident to the office.
2. Vice President: The Office of Vice President may consist of more than one Officer. He(they) shall be responsible for certain functions of the Computer Club as designated by the President and shall perform such other duties as the Board of Directors may designate.
3. Secretary: The Secretary shall keep accurate reports of the meetings of the Board of Directors and of special meetings of the membership and, shall perform all duties commonly incident to the office, and shall have such other powers as the Board of Directors may direct.
4. Treasurer: The Office of Treasurer may consist of more than one Officer with interchangeable duties and, subject to the order of the Board of Directors, shall have the care and custody of the money, funds, valuable papers and documents of the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB and shall have and exercise the powers and duties commonly incident to his office. The Treasurer shall keep accurate accounts of all financial transactions, which shall be the property of the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB, and retain an up-to-date roster of the membership. The Treasurer shall be able to appoint assistants to handle the duties associated to the office. Designated assistants to be identified to the Board. The fiscal year for the Treasury and Membership shall be the calendar year, January 1 through December 31 of each year. The Treasurer will provide quarterly reports to the membership at a membership meeting.
E. Membership: Any person who is a resident of On Top of the World is eligible for membership upon payment of annual dues. This membership shall remain in effect as long as the member continues to pay the dues in a timely manner.
F. Committees: All committees shall serve in an advisory capacity and report to the Board of Directors. The President and/or Board of Directors may appoint such committees.
Article IV. Meetings.
A. Membership meetings shall be held each Saturday of the year.
B. The Board of Directors shall meet at any time at the discretion of the President. Notice to the Board of such meetings may be given by telephone and/or email.
C. The annual meeting shall be held on the third Saturday of November each year at such place and hour as determined by the Board of Directors (amended April 8, 2017).
Article V. Dues
Beginning on January 1, 2013 annual renewal dues shall be $20.00 per member per calendar year, which shall be from January 1 through December 31 of the same year. New member dues shall be $20.00 for all or part of the current calendar year unless their date of enrollment is in November or December, in which case the dues of $20.00 shall include the remainder of the current
calendar year plus the next calendar year. Members will be declared delinquent if current calendar year dues are unpaid after January 31 of the current calendar year.
The computer club has established a “family membership” which allows a member to pay the sum of $ 30.00 per calendar year for this membership. The definition of “family membership” would include any husband and wife, or any immediate family member living in the same Top of the World dwelling.
Article VI. Bylaws
A. The members of the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB may adopt and revise such bylaws as may be required to carry out these objectives. Insofar as possible, all suggestions for revisions to the bylaws should be routed through the Board of Directors prior to a membership meeting. If proposals for bylaw changes are initiated at a membership meeting, such proposals shall be tabled until the Board of Directors has met and approved same at a Board meeting. The proposal for bylaw changes shall be presented at the next membership meeting.
B. Gender: It is intended that any mention of gender shall infer "he" or "she" and the title President shall infer "President" or "Chairperson".
Article VII. Release of Liability Statement
Neither the OTOW COMPUTER CLUB, it's Board of Directors, Officers or members take any express or implied responsibility for information that is supplied through the Club. All opinions and information should be considered carefully and neither the Club, it's speakers, the Board, Officers or members shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the furnishing or use of information or opinions in the course of Club activities to fulfill our objectives to provide an informal atmosphere for the exchange of computer information.
By motions duly made, these bylaws were approved originally on the 11th day of September, 1991 and by all amendments, duly voted, have been incorporated. The bylaws were amended on November 5,1994, April 10, 1999, June 9, 2001, March 16, 2002, June 7,2003, November 13, 2004, December 8, 2007, and February 25, 2012, such amendment approved by the Board of Directors and a vote of the membership after February 25, 2015, November 23, 2013.