At our next city-wide meeting on January 13, Our Revolution Somerville members will have the opportunity to elect our Steering Committee. 16 candidates applied to run for the 2019 ORS Steering Committee. Their candidate statements are collected here, in order of submission.
2019 Election Overview
- Annual elections will be conducted by electronic ballot in the week prior to a January Citywide meeting and by paper ballot at that meeting. We intend to tally votes and announce results at that meeting. If it takes longer than anticipated, we will send an announcement via email the following week.
- All members of Our Revolution Somerville who are residents of Somerville may vote. You are a member if you have signed up for the email list and attended a meeting or made a donation.
- The winners of the election will be the 16 candidates with the most votes. These will compose the new Steering Committee.
- Ballots will use the Approval voting method, with ‘Write-in’ as an option. Ballots will be sent in an email to each voter, and will list the 16 candidates plus a ‘Write in’ box; voters should check boxes for all of the candidates of whom they approve. Voters who check the 'write-in' box should email their list of write-ins to email@example.com with 'ORS SC 2019 WRITE IN' as the subject header. Approval voting allows voters to vote for as many or as few candidates as they like.
Please see our Elections Proposal for more information.
- Attend monthly steering committee meetings and act as facilitator, note-taker, or accountability officer on a rotating basis. All SC members must attend at least half of SC meetings. Minimum attendance required: Half of all SC meetings.
- Participate in discussion and decision making on administrative decisions.
- Plan and attend quarterly City-Wide Meetings. Planning of city wide meetings consists of creating an agenda, preparing presentations, securing a location and materials, plus other logistics. Steering Committee members are often the speakers and presenters at city-wide meetings. While not every member of steering must take on these roles, a majority should feel comfortable doing so.
- Participate in a subcommittee or workgroup.
- Total time commitment of 3-5 hours, weekly.
Steering Committee Candidates
Donald "DJ" Cronin
Guillermo Samuel Hamlin