The Mission of Orchard Park Youth Rugby
- Promote the sport of rugby union in the Western New York Community
- Allow each participant the opportunity to develop to their maximum potential
- Properly teach the fundamentals of rugby and to allow players to take ownership of the game
- Provide players with an understanding of the game and the skills necessary for them to continue playing rugby at the college or club level
- Provide an atmosphere of fun and respect for everyone
Our coaches are USA Rugby certified, and have been involved in rugby for many years. With experience and in game knowledge, our coaches strive to teach the next generation of rugby players. As certified Level 200 coaches, the Orchard Park Rugby coaching staff has taken/passed SafeSport modules and use USA Rugby's guidelines to ensure the highest level of safety for all players.
Head Coach, Orchard Park Girls Rugby
USA Rugby Level 200 Referee
USA Rugby Strength and Conditioning Coach
Assistant Coach, Orchard Park Girls Rugby
USA Rugby Level 200 Certified
USA Rugby Strength and Conditioning Coach
USA Rugby Touch Judge Certified
Coach Rob joined our organization last season. Coach Rob has 16 years of playing experience. Played collegiately at Canisius College. After playing for three seasons he moved on to The Buffalo Rugby Club for two seasons, South Buffalo RFC, and finally co-founded The Southtowns Saxons Rugby Club in 2017.
Coach Lisa began playing rugby at Dartmouth College in the spring of 1989. She was a member of the team that won the Ivy League Championship in 1991 and captained the team to a repeat title in 1992.
Over the next ten years, Lisa played for the nationally ranked Division I Philadelphia Women's Rugby squad. In 2002, she moved to Orchard Park and began playing for the Niagara Wasps in Ontario, Canada. Lisa was one of the founding members of the Buffalo Women's Rugby team that began competition in 2004.
Lisa has competed on the MARFU All Star team for 15s and the Atlantis touring side for 7s, in addition to representing Western NY on the 7s team that competed in the final summer installment of the Empire State Games in 2010. She also won Niagara Rugby Union's Branch Player of the Year in 2004.
Lisa is USA Rugby Level 200 Certified, including both USOC's SafeSport and World Rugby concussion management certifications. She also completed USA Rugby's Level 1 Strength and Conditioning course as well as USA Rugby's Touch Judge certification.
As a youth sports instructor at the Southtowns YMCA, Lisa has undergone a thorough background check and has remained current on all YMCA required training modules, including bloodborne pathogens safety, basic first aid, youth protection and bullying prevention.
Lisa first became involved helping with youth rugby in 2008 when her children began playing Orchard Park Flag Rugby. By 2012 she had taken a more active role with the OP High School Girls team, leading to a head coach position in 2015. During this time period, Lisa has also coached Atlantis Select 7s squads at the prestigious Las Vegas Invitational 7s tournament and has assisted with the local Western NY All Star Program since 2014.
Coach Glenn has been a member of the WNY Rugby community since 2003. He has a wealth of experience which includes:
- Former Lockport Rugby Club player
- Former Buffalo Rugby Club player
- Led South Buffalo Rugby (2003-2014) as a Player and the Coach. (07, 11, 12 champs)
- Founder South Buffalo (West Seneca) Boys and girls U19 Rugby
- Past Director of 716 youth and Flag Rugby
- Currently a USA Rugby Level 200 Referee and Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Current RugbyNY Director- Western Region
- Current Head Coach for South Buffalo Women's Rugby (2015 NE DIII Champions)
- Current WNY Lightning Girls All Stars Coach (2016-Present)
Coach Glenn is from Wallkill, NY. He attended Wallkill High School ('85) where he Lettered in football, wrestling and track. After High School, he attended SUNY Albany ('89) where he studied communications and played football.
Coach Glenn is an United States Veteran and lived in Alaska and Washington DC. Outside of playing and coaching Rugby he is a Lieutenant in Law Enforcement.