Boutique small 1-on-1 coaching for people with special requirements, injuries or "interesting" goals
- Are you looking for a supportive, fun, patient coach that can provide instant and personalized feedback by running, hiking or pacing you at races?
- Do you need an experienced coach that had been there and done that with injuries, nutrition ... long & shorter distances ?
- I love to teach, I love to coach, I love to find the root cause of each issue, find a solution and explain it back. Let me fine-tune your training . Email me at Bogie@OptimizeItCoaching.com and let's see how I can help.
I WORK WITH
- Beginners who want to complete their first 5K or their first Bolder Boulder
- Casual runners who want to run their first marathon
- Road runners who want to venture into trail running
- Experienced trail runners who want to try ultra-running (50K to 100 or 200 miles )
- Injury-prone runners who want to safely increase their distances
- Masters and Seniors people that just want to be fit
- Moms and people running with a Baby Jogger
- Heart Rate training
- Walkers and Race Walking
HOW AM I DIFFERENT ?
- I offer coaching for everyone, not just good experienced trail runners
- I want to coach only a few people a month so you will get more attention.
- You will get more time on the phone with me to ask me questions ( rather than emails).
- If you are local , I will run with you to answer questions, look at your form, at how you run, pose, and so on.
- I am willing to pace you or run a whole race with you.
- I have been slow, chubby, injured, had problems with knees, back, hip. So I can understand many of the issues you are going through
- Lydiard Level 2 Certified Running Coach
- Level 1 RRCA Coach (Road Runners Club of America)
- Lydiard Level 1 Coach
- Organized and attended the Colorado USATF Level 1 Running Coach training
- Spinning Instructor
- Colorado Dept of Ed full Teaching License ( w/ background check )
- Wilderness First Aid
- CPR certification with AED
- Colorado Mountain Club trip leader for D-level hikes
- past Appalachian Mountain Club Hike and Class 2 White Water leader
~ Discount by $40 if you commit to at +4mo and $10 off if you automate the payment
~ Up to 55mi events -> $160/month ( $110/mo with the Discount )
~ over 55mi/100mi/135mi/200mi -> $190/mo ( $140/mo discounted )
~ Badwate146 , multi days-> $220/mon ( $170/mo with the Discount )
- I only coach a handful of people ( usually less than 5) to make sure everybody gets my full attention
- 30-45min Initial consultation ( this is free to make sure i can help you the way you want )
- Two 30-45min sessions of phone or in person conversation ( if we meet near Boulder)
- One 1-2 hours runs together. Or 1-2 45min training sessions ( near Boulder/Golden/Ned)
- Monthly personalized training plan
- Race strategy ( pace, heart rate, fueling, hydration, drop bags )
- For an additional fee ( usually the race entry + gas money ) I could run the whole race with you to pace you and help you (for races close to Denver like Bighorn, Leadville, Run Rabbit Run...). This has proven extremely valuable for a few people, but we need to plan this far in advance. This is on a case by case bases since i cannot do this too often.
REQUIREMENTS: A doctors notice or a signed affidavit from you , that you are fit to exercise. Or best and what i super strongly recommend regardless of age or fitness is a stress EKG test ( your life is worth the copay for this test) Since we can only improve what is measured, you will need a GPS phone/watch/tracker to log all your runs, preferably with a HR monitor ( get an inexpensive one like this Garmin ).
RACES I HAVE DONE
- My Ultrasignup Results link , here
- Hardrock 100
- 4 times Badwater 146 Self Supported and Self Contained ... i did pretty well :-)
- Western States 100, 25.5 hrs ( half the race I had IT band issues. Previous WS100 i dropped at mile 92 )
- Arrowhead 135 ( 4 tries, medical issues stopped me from finishing but I am working on it :-)
- 3h10min road marathon
- Marathon Des Sable
- A few multi day Adventure Races
- 24 hour track races and 24hr orienteering races
- Multi day track races
- Ultra distance cycling
- Ultra iron distance triathlons
- 2018:: 35th in 29hr20 ar Run Rabbit Run 107mi
- 2017 :: 4th overall in 25h30min :: Ancient Oaks 100mi
- 2016 :: 9th overall :: Dead Horse 50mi
- 2016 :: 22h46min :: Javelina Jundred 100
- 2016 :: 7th overall :: Silverheels 100mi
- 2015 :: 17th overall :; Quadrock 50mi
- 2013 :: 4th overall :: Wapack 40mi
- 2012 :: 20th overall :: Brazil 135 mi
- 2010 :: 2nd overall :: Palo Duro 50 miler
- numerous 100mile races ( Vermont 100, Cascade Crest, Wasatch, Bandera, Rocky Racoon, Bighorn, Fat Dog 120, Bear 100, Pinhoti 100, Run Rabbit Run 100 and a few others )