Are you looking for a supportive, fun, patient coach that can provide instant and personalized feedback by running, hiking or pacing you at races?
Do you need an experienced coach that had been there and done that with injuries, nutrition ... long & shorter distances ?
I love to teach, I love to coach, I love to find the root cause of each issue, find a solution and explain it back. Let me fine-tune your training . Email me at Bogie@OptimizeItCoaching.com and let's see how I can help.
I WORK WITH
- Beginners who want to complete their first 5K or their first Bolder Boulder
- Casual runners who want to run their first marathon
- Road runners who want to venture into trail running
- Experienced trail runners who want to try ultra-running (50K to 100 or 200 miles )
- Injury-prone runners who want to safely increase their distances
- Masters and Seniors people that just want to be fit
- Moms and people running with a Baby Jogger
- Heart Rate training
- Walkers and Race Walking
HOW AM I DIFFERENT ?
- I offer coaching for everyone, not just good experienced trail runners
- I want to coach only a few people a month so you will get more attention.
- You will get more time on the phone with me to ask me questions ( rather than emails).
- If you are local , I will run with you to answer questions, look at your form, at how you run, pose, and so on.
- I am willing to pace you or run a whole race with you.
- I have been slow, chubby, injured, had problems with knees, back, hip. So I can understand many of the issues you are going through
- Lydiard Level 2 Certified Running Coach
- Level 1 RRCA Coach (Road Runners Club of America)
- Lydiard Level 1 Coach
- Organized and attended the Colorado USATF Level 1 Running Coach training
- Spinning Instructor
- Colorado Dept of Ed full Teaching License ( w/ background check )
- Wilderness First Aid
- CPR certification with AED
- Colorado Mountain Club trip leader for D-level hikes
- past Appalachian Mountain Club Hike and Class 2 White Water leader
~ STARTING WITH JAN 10TH , ALL PRICES WILL GO UP BY $15 **EXCEPT** if you sign up before Jan7th, in which case you will stay on the current 2018 prices
~ Subtract $10 if you automate the payment
~ Subtract $40 if you commit to at least 4 months
~ Up to 55mi events -> $150/month
~ 55-135 mi & ironman, As -> $180/mo
~ Badwate146 , multi days-> $220/mon
- I only coach a handful of people to make sure everybody gets my full attention
- 30-45min Initial consultation ( this is free to make sure i can help you the way you want )
- Two 30-45min sessions of phone or in person conversation ( if we meet near Boulder)
- One 1-2 hours runs together. Or 1-2 45min training sessions ( near Boulder/Golden/Ned)
- Monthly personalized training plan
- Race strategy ( pace, heart rate, fueling, hydration, drop bags )
- For an additional fee (usually the race entry + gas money) I could pace you or run the whole race with you (for races close to Denver like Bighorn, Leadville, Run Rabbit Run...). This has proven extremely valuable for a few people, but we need to plan this far in advance.
REQUIREMENTS: A doctors notice or a signed affidavit from you , that you are fit to exercise. Or best and what i super strongly recommend regardless of age or fitness is a stress EKG test ( your life is worth the copay for this test) Since we can only improve what is measured, you will need a GPS phone/watch/tracker to log all your runs, preferably with a HR monitor ( get an inexpensive one like this Garmin ).
RACES I HAVE DONE
- My Ultrasignup Results link , here
- Hardrock 100
- 4 times Badwater 146 Self Supported and Self Contained ... i did pretty well :-)
- Western States 100, 25.5 hrs ( half the race I had IT band issues. Previous WS100 i dropped at mile 92 )
- Arrowhead 135 ( 4 tries, medical issues stopped me from finishing but I am working on it :-)
- 3h10min road marathon
- Marathon Des Sable
- A few multi day Adventure Races
- 24 hour track races and 24hr orienteering races
- Multi day track races
- Ultra distance cycling
- Ultra iron distance triathlons
- 2018:: 35th in 29hr20 ar Run Rabbit Run 107mi
- 2017 :: 4th overall in 25h30min :: Ancient Oaks 100mi
- 2016 :: 9th overall :: Dead Horse 50mi
- 2016 :: 22h46min :: Javelina Jundred 100
- 2016 :: 7th overall :: Silverheels 100mi
- 2015 :: 17th overall :; Quadrock 50mi
- 2013 :: 4th overall :: Wapack 40mi
- 2012 :: 20th overall :: Brazil 135 mi
- 2010 :: 2nd overall :: Palo Duro 50 miler
- numerous 100mile races ( Vermont 100, Cascade Crest, Wasatch, Bandera, Rocky Racoon, Bighorn, Fat Dog 120, Bear 100, Pinhoti 100, Run Rabbit Run 100 and a few others )