Smt Vani Yadunandan started her musical career at a tender age of six, under the tutelage of Vidushi. Smt. Neelamma Kadambi, the most popular Veena Artiste of that time. To become an expert in Veena led her to learn under VidushiSmt. M.S. Jayamma under whose able guidance completed her VIDWAT ( Profiency) Examination & secured I Rank.After her marriage & also with active support & encouragement from her family, she continued her musical training under Vidwan Sri. C.Krishnamurthy, who hailed from a legendary “Mysore Baani” parampara. He is also the disciple of Vidwan Dr. V. Doreswamy Iyengar. Presently, she is taking guidance from Vidwan Sri. D. Balakrishna, Son of the legendary Dr. V. Doreswamy Iyengar.She has been giving Veena Recitals regularly on All India Radio, Bangalore as a Grade “A” Artiste & also performing on Doordarshan for the past 15 years.
Vani teaches both vocal and Veena for online students under Geetanjali Music School.
She was a member of SANGEETHA NRITHYA ACADEMY, Govt of Karnataka for the term 2008 – 2011.
WORD OF APPRECIATION FROM DISTINGUISH PERSONALITIES
A NOTE FROM :-
1. VIMALA RANGACHAR, President, Karnataka Ganakala Parishad: "Vani Yadunandan is in the fore front of the younger group of artistes in Karnataka.Her inmate talent, deep interest & dedication in her chosen field of art –playing the Veena, is apparent to anyone who listens to her play.Endowed with keen intelligence, she is bound to create a niche for herself and excel in her chosen field I wish all the best.
2. K.Ramamurthy.Rao, Honorary Secretary, Bharathiya Nrithya Kala parishad, Mysore. "I know Vani.Yadunandan since more than 15 years I have heard her Veena program many times, her performance is of a very high standard. I wish her all success."
3. G.T.Narayana.Rao, scientist & music critic. " I have very intimately known Veena Vidushi Vani Yadunandan . A keenness to observe, listen and analyze her plan in utter humility is her characteristic asset. I have listened to Vani’s recitals as a young girl almost hiding behind the massive and majestic instrument but when her nimble fingers plucked the strings, would-be Veena professional was born.The characteristic of the Mysore Veena style have found a new creative exponent in her, they are clear enunciation of the text, greater stress on melody raga-bhava keeping the rhythmic aspect of displaying manodharma. "
- HAMPI UTSAV GAYANA SAMAJ-BANGLORE & OBTAINED A CERTIFICATE OF MERIT
- REGULAR PROGRAMS DURING DASARA FESTIVAL AT MYSORE
- ICCR BANGLORE, YOUTH SEVICES GOVT OF INDIA
- GIVEN MANY PERFORMANCES UNDER KANNADA AND CULTURE DEPARTMENT- BANGLORE
- TALENT PROMOTION SERIAL GANAKALA PARISHAD
- PARTICIPATED IN VARIOUS MUSIC FESTIVALS IN AN AROUND THE STATE
- FEATURED IN THE PANCHA-VEENA ENSEMBLE,WITH HER GURU VIDWAN D.BALAKRISHNA FOR THE DOCUMENTARY NAMED“NINADA”
- ARCHIVAL PRODUCTION,BY ALL INDIA RADIO-BANGLORE FEATURED IN RAGA TANA PALLAVI SERIES UNDER THE AEGIS PADMABHUSHAN DR.V.DORESWAMY IYENGER MEMORIAL TRUST.
- SHE IS GIVING MANY DUET CONCERTS IN MAJOR SABHAS IN & AROUND BANGLORE.
- PERFORMED AT SRI KRISHNA GANA SABHA IN CHENNAI
- PERFORMED AT MAJOR VEENA FESTIVAL HELD AT SHIMOGA.
- PERFORMED AT MAJOR SABHAS LIKE GAYANA SAMAJ,
- KARNATAKAGANAKALA PARISHAD, VEENE SHESHANNA
- BHAVAN – MYSORE, ANANYA, INDIAN INSTITUTE OF WORLD CULTURE.
- PERFORMED AT GAITHERSBURG -MARYLAND RICHMOND -VIRGINIA & IRVINE - CALIFORNIA RECENTLYSHE’S GIVING SOLO PERFORMANCES AT VARIOUS SABHAS & MUSIC FESTIVALS
- ALSO, SHE’S BEEN ACCOMPANYING HER GURU VID. SRI D. BALAKRISHNA IN VARIOUS CONCERTS.
EXCERPTS FROM REVIEWS
DELIGHTFUL,INTENSE AND CAPTIVATING
Vani Yadunandan veena recital held at yavanika under ICCR Bangalore proved how much effort and devotion had kept her in good stead and engaged in effective veena playing to keep an audience attentive and admiring for a whole evening.She didn’t stray from the tradition of veena playing and classicism of playing karnatic music in a finely controlled and a balanced performance she featured the composition in all its glory. The crowing item of her recital was a Raga Tana Pallivi which gave her memorable impact of wait and mastery.The swaras came out delectably, taut and flowing textual clarity was pleasing to others ears. Her meettus was economical and effective. It was admirable that she did not try to please the audience with gimmickry.
MELODIOUS VEENA RECITAL:
Vani Yadunandan an artiste from Bangalore gave a veena recital held at a prestigious Ganabarathi Sangeetha Sabha on April 24. She gave a performance, which reached the melodious height for 2 hours. Her mellifluous rendering of Shama Shastri Swarajithe and pallavi in Simhendra Madhyama captured the the attention of the audience.
STAR OF MYSORE
ENJOYABLE VEENA RECITAL:
- Ganabharathi sabha presented vid. Vani Yadunandan in a veena recital. Belonging to distinguished Mysore veena tradition is the disciple of Vid.D. Balakrishna. The well planned and neatly rendered concert opened with many fine compositions. After the initial warming up, it reached an enjoyable crescendo. The detailed alapana of main item in raga kamboji showed the artiste’s control over the instrument, seasoned plucking of strings, intelligent sancharas, pleasing gamakas, the rendering of pallivi and kalpana swaras were equally good. Before concluding She played a rare thillana in raga khamach.