False Doctrines That Are Not Of God
False Christian Doctrines That Are Not Of God
OneCloudyDayAL: By Nathan E. David
I, myself, am an interdenominational Christian. I am not a Jehovah's Witness, Mormon, Seventh Day Advent, Christian Science, Catholic, Episcopalean, Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Wesleyan, Salutist, Derbist, Congregationalist, Church of God, Assembly of God, Pentecost, Nazarene, Church of Christ nor any other mainstream nor non-mainstream denominational or non-denominational follower. I do share some beliefs from most of-if not all of these organized Christian congregations, but I simply study and believe my KJV Bible. I am exclusive to the KJV Bible, for the most part. I let absolutely NOBODY tell me how to read it. In Romans 16, the Apostle Paul said for us not to be misled by teachers of false doctrines, and that even trumps misunderstood notions of the first commandment that has promise. None of us has an excuse for rejecting God's unadulterated Truth:
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
If you give people a chance, you will learn that most, if not all, of the various Christian congregations around the world, including those who often are considered to be cults (or sects), have some valuable thing to offer the believer of the Gospel of Christ. I have actually discovered that some beliefs in non-mainstream congregations could legitimately label the mainstreamists as sects or cults all the same, so I do not wholly reject ANY congregation that offers itself as Christian. Not everyone in their denomination is led by the blindest of guides.
This blog contains a list of common unChristian and false doctrines, with references to debunk them. If you care to look up these verses, and haven't ever thought to do so, it is quick and easy to pull up an online Bible Concordance and look of the verses you want to look at as you read the blog. I use the Bible Gateway free online concordance in King James Version when I study from God's Word. Hope you find this list useful!
NOTE: There are alot of good simple minded people who are led astray because of interpretations that are presented based on too literal or too liberal reading of God's Word. Please use these verses to rebuke in brotherly love.
1. Adultery and fornication no longer is sin. See Math 5:27-27 and 15:19 Mark 10:19 (Debunks non-believers)
2. Abortion is not murder, nor a sin because unborn babies are not persons. See Jeremiah 1:5 (Debunks liberals/non-believers)
3. Homosexuality is GENETICALLY inborn, "it just hasn't been around along time," or it isn't sin. See Lev 18:22 (Hence homosexuality was illegal in Leviticus: it isn't a new idea.) 1 Cor 6:9 Rom 1:27 (Yet it is true that ALL OF THE WICKED, not just the effeminate, ARE BORN EVIL: Psalm 58:3, Isaiah 48:8) (Debunks some Episcopaleans, supporters of the sexual revolution, liberals, homosexuals: evil people) If you are a homosexual, now would be a good time to repent and show that you didn't come out your mother's womb a liar, unless you did.
4. When you die you go to purgatory. See Ecc 12:7 (Debunks Roman Catholic doctrine)
5. Jesus is not God incarnate. See Psalm 82:6 Isaiah 9:6 and 41:23 John 10:34 (Debunks a Jehovah's Witness denial)
6. There is no such thing as paradise or hell. See Luke 22:43 2 Cor 12:4 Rev 12:14 (Debunks Jehovah's Witness doctrine)
7. Taking or drinking blood intraveneously (e.g. drinking blood) is not a sin. See Lev 17:10-14 Acts 15:20 & 29 (Debunks all mainstream but Christian Science and Jehovah's Witness). (Store some of your own blood before a surgery. See other blog "Dare To Be A Radical Christian Believer") The first blood transfusions that didn't kill people were done using milk. The Red Cross anti-Christ took it up from there. Now they're giving you red meat, mocking the ATTONEMENT.
8. Paying taxes is tithing and then some, since taxes usually are more than 10%. See Math 22:21 Mark 12:17 Luke 20:25 (Debunks liberals and hypocrites)
9. Polygomy is not adultery. See Gen 2:24 Math 19:5-6 Mark 10:8 Ephes 5:31 (Debunks Mormon polygamy)
10. The church is raptured before the tribulation. Also, there is no actual rapture. See Math 13:24-36 (Hence the TARES are removed FIRST). Math 24:29-31, Mark 13:14 and 13:24-32 (Debunks most mainstream Christian church errors). (See other blog "Is II Thessalonians 2:7 Really The Rapture?"). We ARE caught up in the Spirit thru the tribulation, but we are caught up in the clouds after the tribulation, as can be seen in Revelation 20:1-6, after the false prophet and the beast are cast alive into the lake of fire and brimstone, in Revelation 19:20. Compare these verses in Revelation to I Corinthians 15:51-52 and especially I Thess 4:16-17. There are many churches who do not teach the error of pre-tribulation rapture, allbeit, against their denominations' teachings. I salute such blessed Christian believers!.
11 Divorce is permissable for any reason, not just when your spouse cheats on you, is a non-believer and leaves you, or is a non-believer with whom you are incompatible. (Debunks non-believers, Jezebel churches and backsliders) See Math 5:32 1 Cor 7:12-15 (For verses 12 and 13, Paul wrote "speak I, not the Lord:") II Cor 6:14
12. God endorses violence as long as you are standing up for what is right. See Mathew 10:16 Heb 7:26 (Debunks all mainstream Christians who are war mongers or rednecks)
13. Going to church on Sunday is the mark of the beast. See Rev 13:17 (Debunks Seventh Day Adventist belief. They go Saturdays, but they can still buy and sell.)
14. Using music, hand clapping or dance in worship is an abomination. See Psalms 33:2, 43:4, 47:1, 49:4, 144:9, 150:4 Isaiah 38:20 Habakkuk 3:19 , 1 Timothy 2:8 (To debunk Church of Christ: Church of Christ denies all Old Testament instruction, because they believe that Revlation 22:18-19 means that we have to read the Bible "literally." This confuses them to exclude all of the Old Testament. At the time the Revelation was written, the Bible didn't exist; it was a handful of scrolls and letters, scattered all across the known world. The Revelation was a stand alone book, so these verses from chapter 22 are warning us not to monkey around with the very delicately symbolic Book of Revelation. It is the hardline Church of Christ folks who are in for trouble, for errant teaching from Revelation.) Church of Christ also reads Acts 17:24-25 literally, confused that "with hands" means clapping hands, as opposed to "things made with hands" (e.g. idols). They also read Ephesians 5:19 literally, confusing them into believing that melody for worship can only come from "in your heart.")
15. That not belonging to someone's particular denomination or non denomination means you aren't in the Spirit. John 3:16, Eph 1:13 1 Cor 12:9 (hence faith itself is gift of the Spirit) Rom 16:17-18 (Want to confuse you) (Debunks hardliners from Roman Catholic, Church of Christ, Seventh Day Advent, Jehovah's Witness, Mormon, some of the pentecostals and others)
16. Recreational drug use is okay and not a sin. See Isaiah 47:9 & 12 Malachi 3:5 Acts 8:9 & 11 Rev 9:21 and 18:23 *The Bible calls drug abuse sorcery, which from its original tongue, is pharmacia (or pharmacy). (Mandrakes and moderate alchohol consumption have always been accepted uses of substance.) (Debunks liberals).
17. Any consumption of alcohol is a sin. See Prov 31:6-7 1 Tim 3:8 and 5:23 Titus 2:3 Eph 5:18 (Says "not drunk with- in excess": has alcohol) (Debunks Missionary Baptists' and many Methodists')
18. It is none of your business if you see a fellow Christian brother or sister living in sin. See Ezekiel 3:20-21 (Debunks "Political Correctness")
19 It is okay not to pay a fair wage. Malachi 3:5 (Debunks greedy non-believers and backsliders)
20 Since the Apostle Paul said that the governments over us are ordained of God, that means they're righteous. See 1 Cor 6:1 (Says the opposite, that going before the law is before the unjust, and NOT the saints) (Debunks hypocrites who encourage politics among the church. Most denominations have some of these.)
21 You should want more government over you, and to pay more in taxes. 1 Samuel 8:7-17 (Debunks those horrible liberals)
22 You should never say a sharp word to anyone. Always be nice, and never call or describe anyone as anything other than their name, or something nice. Never talk about the bad things other people do. Never EVER say A WORD about a race other than your own; doing so is nothing but racial bigotry. Psalm 22:6, Isaiah 56:10, Math 7:6 15:7 16:3 23:16 & 24 Mark 7:27 Luke 24:25 Phill 3:2 Rev 22:15 1 Cor 14:38 2 Tim 4:14 Titus 1:12-13 (Debunks whore in Rev 18:7- e.g. liberals for political correctness)
23 It doesn't matter what you believe, as long as you believe in God and are a good person. See John 10:1-2 & 7 1 John 2:22-23 and 3:8 (Debunks lukewarm Christians)
24 Hate is always a sin. All forms of hate are sin. Proverbs 29:27 Malachi 1:3 Rom 9:13 Luke 14:26 (Debunks pushers of political correctness, often ignorant Christians, usually hypocrites).
25 You cannot loose your salvation once you have accepted Jesus. Exodus 32:24 Ezekiel 3:20-21 Heb 6:4-8 Rev 3:16 Rev 3:5 (Debunks Southerns Baptist and others)
26 No-one will ever understand any of the symbolism of Daniel or the Revelation. Rev 2:17 (Also see my blog "One Cloudy Day") (Debunks Southern Baptists and others)
27 As long as we are Christians, it is okay that we all have our own beliefs. 2 Peter 1:20 (Debunks lukewarm and shallow liberals)
28 The gifts of the Holy Spirit don't exist any more. Malachi 3:6 2 Tim 3:1-5 (Debunks Church of Nazarene (prior to reformation), Church of Christ and others)
29 If you don't have the gift of tongues you haven't received the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor 12:30 and 14:5 (notice in 14:5 that Paul wrote "but rather that" which is exclusive wording) Apostle Paul had to deal with immature Corinthians who made divisions over tongues. He also said in 2 Cor 3:12 that believers use "plainness of speech," as Paul made it abundantly clear, USING PLAINNESS OF SPEECH, that not all Spirit filled believers have the gift of tongues. False teachers like to seduce simple minded Christians and create divisions within the church, and we are to mark and avoid such persons - See Rom 16:17-18.
30 Mixed/inter-racial marriage is a sin. Read Numbers 12:1-10 Miriam and Aaron condemned Moses for marrying an Ethiopian woman. God drew the three of them into the temple, spoke up on Moses's behalf, became angry, and then struck Miriam with leprosy.
31 If you have ever committed the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, that sin cannot be forgiven no matter what; that is the unpardonable sin. II Thes 2:3, Mathew 19:26 (Jesus said the sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unforgiven; this was to inform the church that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the same thing as blaspheming God, and Jesus also was prophesying about falling away In II Thes 2:3. One who falls away & crucifies the Holy Spirit, is committing the third strike.) Also Heb 6:3-6 can apply here in some cases. Many churches teach the that the baptism of the Holy Spirit ALWAYS causes one to speak in tongues. Less simple believers who know the truth sometimes go too far and say that tongues are just a deception from the devil. Tongue talkers often use unpardonable sin belief to judge such brothers, and the bickering goes on etc. If we have to read Christ's teaching literally about blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, then we also have to read Acts 17:24-25 literally, so there go all of us hand clappers to hell too. Too much false teaching is going on in today's churches. I don't have gift of tongues, but I have gifts of prophecy, discernment and Words of knowledge. Too many passages are read too literally, while too few others are read literally enough. Christ was just saying that the Holy Spirit is our last hope, and that we had better get it right with Him, the Holy Spirit. We have no more chances, because these absolutely are our last days in which to repent. I don't advise you to blaspheme the Holy Spirit! If you are still unsettled on this one, I advise you to look at how Christ taught about putting away a spouse and committing adultery in so doing. In Mathew it sounds a whole lot different than it does in Mark. Then, if you look at I corinthians 7, where Paul explained things more, and you consider Christ's other teachings, like not being unequally yoked, you realize that Christ, in some cases, is quoted rather abruptly, which thus makes his words sound different than the context in which he meant them to be taken. You may take a little crap for agreeing with me on this one. If you do, take it with a grain of salt. Revelation 12:14 says that we are nourished from the face of the serpent. Since we are the wheat, where the wicked are the tares, we usually grow from taking a little crap. I have taken quite alot of crap from many a callused fool, usually from false teachers in the pulpits.
False doctrine is a big problem in today's churches. I do not believe that we should take false doctrine litely, yet I do not necessarily believe that we should quickly consider everyone with whom we differ a false prophet or false teacher. I am a little quicker, myself, to label one in the pulpit as being a false teacher if I have shown that one an adequate amount of plainness of speech Bible Truth to rebuke his or her false teaching, and yet he or she openly rejects my brotherly rebuke out of pride or stubbornness. Otherwise, if I become quick to make a determination about a given false teacher, it usually comes from their having launched a personal attack against me. As I have stated on this web site in more than one blog, I do not reject any denomination as a whole, when it comes to receiving Christians, only the denominations' base teachings that are in error.
The one area of doctrine on which I will quickly determine to myself that one is a false teacher is if he or she is teaching errors from the Relation that I know to be false. This is a particular concern with the Seventh Day Adventist, The Church of Christ, The Church of God and a possibly a few other denominations, yet I do not judge that all members of those congregations believe the false teachings that are efforted by those denominations' false teachers (such as Jack Decanter). I have sat thru the teaching of Raymond Culpepper on the Revelation as well, back when I was a regular attender of Metropolitan Church of God in Vestavia Hills, Alabama, in the late 1990's. Raymond Culpepper's teaching in the Revelation was some of the worst teaching I had ever heard on the rapture in my life, his calling it a four phase event. Raymond Culpepper now heads up the Church of God college in Tennessee, USA. There is only ONE rapture, period, and it comes in Revelation 20:1-6. Again, I stress, as the Apostle Paul so perfectly well stated it, we use plainness of speech. If there is something that is said in planness of speech, ESPECIALLY IN PAUL'S writings, then it should be received as written, as a general rule.
If you know of any additional common false statements or doctrines that you would like to have added to this list, please email them to me at NathanEdwardDavid@yahoo.com, and I will review and add them if I can find the verse references by which they can be debunked.
I highly recommend reading these two blogs: "The Rapture and What the Bible REALLY SAYS ABOUT IT!" and "One Cloudy Day"