The fetal tele-ultrasound project
3D/4D scan allows for fetal tele-ultrasound consultation
The stillbirth rate in Nigeria is second highest in the world. Yet ultrasound scan by fetal medicine specialists can reduce the rate by at least half. But there are not enough fetal medicine specialist for the Nigerian population.
Studies have shown that tele-ultrasound using volume sweep imaging (ie 3D / 4D ultrasound) acquired by non-physician health personnel can allow the transfer of images to fetal medicine specialists anywhere in the world for interpretation and the report sent back.
The OMVIAL fetal tele-ultrasound project enable pregnant women have access to fetal medicine specialist and radiologists worldwide. Obtaining second opinion and expertise advice is now possible in Nigeria, even for rural areas.
- New tele-diagnostic model using volume sweep imaging for rural areas.
- Remote tele-mentored ultrasound for non-physician learners using FaceTime: A feasibility study in a low-income country
- Tele-Ultrasound to Guide Management of a Patient with Circulatory Shock.
- Real-Time Tele-Mentored Low Cost "Point-of-Care US" in the Hands of Paediatricians in the Emergency Department: Diagnostic Accuracy Compared to Expert Radiologists.
- Ultrasound images transmitted via FaceTime are non-inferior to images on the ultrasound machine.
- Prenatal diagnosis and telemedicine consultation of fetal urologic disorders.
- Tele-intensivists can instruct non-physicians to acquire high-quality ultrasound images.
- Arkansas fetal diagnosis and management: identifying and coordinating care for anomalous fetuses.
- A low-cost tele-imaging platform for developing countries.
- Trans-Pacific tele-ultrasound image transmission of fetal central nervous system structures.
- [Evaluation of image parameters of pelvic adnexal masses in tele-echography].
- New heights in ultrasound: first report of spinal ultrasound from the international space station.
- Enabling the mission through trans-atlantic remote mentored musculoskeletal ultrasound: case report of a portable hand-carried tele-ultrasound system for medical relief missions.
- Evaluation of tele-ultrasound as a tool in remote diagnosis and clinical management at the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station and the McMurdo Research Station.
- How to set up a low cost tele-ultrasound capable videoconferencing system with wide applicability.
- Real-time tele-echocardiography: diagnosis and management of a pericardial effusion secondary to pericarditis at an Antarctic research station.
- Inexpensive, realtime tele-ultrasound using a commercial, web-based video streaming device.
- Tele-ultrasound and paramedics: real-time remote physician guidance of the Focused Assessment With Sonography for Trauma examination.
- User's perceptions of remote trauma telesonography.
- Application of tele-ultrasound in emergency medical services.
- A tele-ultrasound system for real-time medical imaging in resource-limited settings.
- A tele-obstetric broadband service including ultrasound, videoconferencing and cardiotocogram. A high cost and a low volume of patients.
- Fetal tele-ultrasound and tele-therapy.
- A tele-ultrasound needs analysis in Queensland.
- Clinical trials and evaluation of a mobile, robotic tele-ultrasound system.
- The feasibility of telemedicine for the training and supervision of general practitioners performing ultrasound examinations of patients with urinary tract symptoms.
- Performance of a web-based, realtime, tele-ultrasound consultation system over high-speed commercial telecommunication lines.
- Tele-ultrasound for remote areas.
- The fetal tele-ultrasound project in Queensland.
- Randomized comparison of the quality of realtime fetal ultrasound images transmitted by ISDN and by IP videoconferencing.
- The development of a pilot telemedicine network in Scotland: lessons learned.
- Telemedicine in South Africa: success or failure?
- Realtime fetal ultrasound by telemedicine in Queensland. A successful venture?
- The diagnostic acceptability of low-bandwidth transmission for tele-ultrasound.
- The design and implementation of an off-the-shelf, standards-based tele-ultrasound system.
- Design and implementation of a novel compression method in a tele-ultrasound system.
- Minimum requirements for remote realtime fetal tele-ultrasound consultation.
- Low-bandwidth tele-ultrasound.