OMAC was founded in 1962 as a model airplane club for those associated with Otis Air Force Base on Cape Cod. Eventually the club moved from the base to Falmouth and drew members from the broader Cape Code area. The club was well known for sponsoring the Otis Giants Air Show which drew pilots from all over the northeast. The club currently has about 95 members.
OMAC maintains a flying site in the Crane Wildlife Management Area in Falmouth, MA. We have a beautiful grass runway surrounded by open fields with very few obstructions. We are tenants of the Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife and are subject to the rules of the management area. There are a few No Fly days which we coordinate with the DFW. Check the calendar for the latest information.
- OMAC Membership or guest of member required
- AMA Membership required
- 400 feet maximum altitude
- AMA Safety Code is required
- Motor vehicles must remain in the parking area
- President - Mark Montella
- Vice President - Ken Crane
- Secretary - David Fisichella
- Treasurer - Tony Bergantino
- Primary Safety Coordinator - Colton Lubbe
- Add’l Safety Coordinator - Steven Rosa
Meetings are held at the WHOI Smith Laboratory, 86 Water St, Woods Hole, MA 02543