Tie your Dog, Sally Gal
Key of G (G modal tuning for banjo). Three parts. How many times you play each part is up to you. Chords seem to be G and D; G, C, and D; F and G.
- The source recording [utoob nonvideo] has solo fiddle by Will Adam recorded by Mike Seeger. He says "This is titled Sally Gal" or "This is Tie your Dog, Sally Gal." Tune Arch has a transcription and says, "African-American fiddler Will Adam (born in the 1890’s, whom Mike Seeger recorded in Maryland in the early 1950's) ... lived in the community of Ken-Gar, next to Kensington, Maryland... "
- Tatiana Hargrave and Jake Blount [utoob nonvideo] from their great CD, Reparations.
- Feleboga on stage [utoob] features Mathias Thadens of Oslo, Norway and his parents. Later, he won the Clifftop band competition in the Moose Whisperers and he won Galax best fiddler and best all-around performer.
- The Ragged Mountain Stringband adds words from an old joke [utoob nonvideo].
- Nice take by Big Medicine [utoob nonvideo].
- Nice take by Panhandle Crabgrass Revival [utoob nonvideo] with harmonica.
- James Leva (fiddle) with a cello [utoob nonvideo].