Session Resource Page for:
Engage & Inspire: Augmented Reality in the Classroom
October 8, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Stephanie Bass, Kevin Bower and Melissa Henning
Session Description: Are you wondering about Augmented Reality (AR)? You may have already used it and not even been aware. This session will explain both place-based and marker-based AR as it is used in our daily lives. We will then look at what this could mean in our classrooms through interacting with markers and using mobile devices. Come learn about tools and apps that can create engaging experiences for your students. This session is appropriate for teachers at all technology levels.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Understand what Augmented Reality (AR) is and the difference between place-based and marker-based AR;
- Explore a tool to create Augmented Reality experiences in the classroom; and
- Plan for the instructional use of Augmented Reality.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 5B; 5C; 6D
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 10/18/19 at 7:12 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.