Session Resource Page for:
Flipping Out for Fliphunts
July 17, 2019 ♦ 6:00pm - 8:00pm ET
Moderators: Sharon Hall, Stephanie Bass and Kevin Bower
Session Description: Have we got a powerful, engaging, video discussion-based instructional strategy for you! Make room in your lesson plans for Fliphunts. Take free discussion-based edtech tool Flipgrid, add a well-crafted lesson along with a dash of any content area at any grade level; then stir in a heaping serving of critical thinking, creativity, and student voice and you have a fun a formative assessment to inform your instruction. Fliphunts are video-based scavenger hunts organized within Flipgrid -- get kids active in kinesthetic learning while immersing them in content. Challenge your students to show-what-they-know with a Fliphunt.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Learn the basic use of Flipgrid to record responses and set up a grid;
- Understand ways to use Fliphunts as formative assessment; and
- Begin planning a Fliphunt for your classroom.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 2C; 4C; 5B
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 8/2/19 at 8:42 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.