Session Resource Page for:
Strategies for Supporting ELL Students
June 4, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Katy Garvey, Sharon Hall and Melissa Henning
Session Description: As teachers, we need to provide opportunities for students to speak the language they are acquiring. In this session, we’ll explore strategies that can share our student's voices out into the English speaking world. We'll explore tech tools and activities that give students a voice and help them to connect what they are learning in the classroom to significant experiences in their own lives. This session is appropriate for teachers at all technology levels.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Understand the concept of student voice in the classroom;
- Explore tech tools that encourage student voice; and
- Learn strategies that support English Language Learners.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 5A; 6A; 7A
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 6/19/19 at 9:57 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.