Session Resource Page for:
Engage & Inspire: Tools for Your Maker Box
March 5, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Stephanie Bass, Darshell Silva and Kevin Bower
Session Description: Makerspace activities are a great way to promote a growth mindset in your students. Using the right challenges and everyday items, teachers can create a pop-up makerspace in a box for their classroom. We will discuss management ideas and ways to tie activities to curricular objectives.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Understand the features of a pop-up makerspace;
- Explore makerspace activities; and
- Plan for the use of makerspace activities in the classroom.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B; 1C; 6C; 6D
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 3/15/19 at 8:01 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.