Session Resource Page for:
3 Cool Tools for Formative Assessment
February 26, 2019 ♦ 7:00pm - 8:30pm ET
Moderators: Melissa Henning, Katy Garvey, and Gretchen Sting
Session Description: Engage with students during the learning process to improve student achievement. Explore three online formative assessment tools that will help you gather evidence of student progress. Understand the three steps in the formative assessment feedback loop. Discuss a variety of formative assessment strategies and learn ways to use formative assessment to increase gains in student learning.
As a result of this session teachers will:
- Understand the three steps in the formative assessment feedback loop to support learning gains;
- Explore three tools and how each gathers evidence of student progress within content areas; and
- Plan for the use of digital formative assessment tools in the classroom.
Applicable ISTE Standards for Educators (2017)*: 1A; 1B: 2C; 6A; 7B
* The text of these standards is copyrighted. Please read the full text at the ISTE Standards page.
Archive Recording: OK2Ask archive recordings are made available within two weeks of the webinar air date. You can find the archive for this session and others that have been selected for long-term retention in the archive library on the TeachersFirst website. The easiest way to access the archive library is from the OK2Ask Archive Recordings Special Topics Page. Please note that the archive listings appear sorted by Most Recent First. Each year, we review the archived sessions. We may remove a session from the archive library for a number of reasons when a digital tool:
- has been retired
- is no longer free
- has been updated such that the session demonstrations no longer match the current interface
-- OR --
- there were significant webinar technical difficulties
- we may have refreshed the session and a newer version is available
Certificates: The certificates for this session were emailed 3/7/19 at 6:11 PM to registrants that actively participated in all required tasks throughout the session and completed the session evaluation survey within 1 week.