Teacher: Maha Ahmed
Starting March 18th, 2019
Alsalamu alikum warahmatu Allah wa barakatoh,
I am pleased to be teaching Grade 6 for the year of 2019. My goal will be to reach the children in the most efficient way to reach their goals to be successful in their studies before the end of the year in June enshallah. I will be looking forward to work together with both the children and parents to achieve the best results possible.
Please feel free to follow this website for updates on Homework, Test and Projects or any major assessments the student may have until the end of the year.
This information should also be recorded in students agendas on a daily basis for easier access.
you can also reach me by email at email@example.com
Let's have a great year enshallah !
Math Makes Sense 6
Following grade curriculum the class will be covering the followings aspects
- Number Sense and Numeration
- Geometry and Spatial Sense
- Patterning and Algebra
- Data Management and Probability
By the end of the year students should be able to have the basics to help deepen their mathematical understanding in the followings:-
• Develop and apply reasoning skills
• Demonstrate that they are reflecting on and monitoring their thinking to help clarify their understanding as they complete an investigation or solve a problem
• Investigate mathematical ideas and to solve problems
• Make connections among mathematical concepts and procedures, and relate mathematical ideas to situations
• Create a variety of representations of mathematical ideas
• Communicate mathematical thinking orally, visually, and in writing, using everyday language, a basic mathematical vocabulary, and a variety of representations, and observing basic mathematical conventions
Out of This World
The Sky's the Limit
Turn It On
Variety of Life
Nelson Social Studies
Canada and the Global Community
Illustrate the importance of international cooperation in addressing global issues, and evaluate the effectiveness of selected actions by Canada and Canadian citizens in the international arena.
Nelson Social Studies
Canadian Communities Past and Present
Explore the experiences and perspectives of diverse communities in historical and contemporary Canada and examine how they have contributed to the development of identities in Canada. In addition to developing their understanding of different communities in Canada, students will explore the global community and Canada’s role in it. They will investigate current social, political, economic, and environmental issue.
Nelson Literacy 6a
Nelson Literacy 6b
Nelson Literacy 6c
The class will be focused on a number of topics. These topics will emphasis a healthy living style by highlighting aspects of the students lives. Including safety, healthy eating, puberty changes, active living and interacting with others.